Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to finish up my swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
lantz2121
I need to know where this stuff goes? I have a st205 engine but some of the stuff has to be similar to the 2nd generation.
This plug is by the TB inlet; can't remember if it went to the air/water intercooler?

IPB Image
<br>
This is another pic of the same plug by the TB.
IPB Image
<br>
Need to know where these two vaccum hoses go?
IPB Image
<br>
Two mysterious brown plugs by the back of the intake runners?
IPB Image
<br>

Don't know where this vac line goes?
IPB Image
<br>

same line different picture.

<br>
pointing to a nipple coming out of the back of the lower left side of the head if you were laying on your back under the car.
IPB Image
<br>
Better pic of the nipple
IPB Image
<br>
Looks like a pressure vent where does it go?
Also have a plug labled fuel pump? what is this?
IPB Image

Thanks alot guys for any or all help.
lagos
fix your links. i cant see anything.
you cant use html in your post
Chanh55
ahhh HTML errwhere haha
lagos
the first one goes to your cold start injector thats under the throttle body.

the 2 vac lines in the next pic, go to your intake piping.

the two brown mystery plugs, look like they might go to your injectors.

the next vac line, probably goes to your AC idle up stuff. you should be able to just cap that off.

"pointing to a nipple coming out of the back of the lower left side of the head if you were laying on your back under the car."

not really sure what u are pointing at

"Better pic of the nipple"

i see the factory catch can with a disconnected hose. it should go to your intake piping

"Also have a plug labled fuel pump? what is this?"
not sure, probably goes to the electric water pump for the intercooler
lantz2121
Great thanks alot A few steps closer. I need intercooler piping a bov and fuel pump. Lance
lantz2121
Lagos, I looked for like 30 min under the tb and could not see a place for the 1st pics plug cold start injector
lantz2121
Anyone with an st205 need some help. I don't know what the first plug is for? I think it might hook to the a/w intercooler; lagos said it is for the cold start injector where is this located? also I have two brown plugs need to know if these are for the injectors; not sure because all injectors are plugged in any help would be great thanks lance
scothaniel
First off, which harness are you using?
Next, try to add some big red arrows to the pics to show what your looking at. You might also want to trace the vac lines back and see where they go - much easier to figure out that way.
Also, The 3rd gen motor doesnt have a cold start injector.

The catch can (black box on the top of the head) has one big line coming from the valve cover (as seen in pic above), one big line going to the intake system (pre-turbo), and the small line going to a nipple on the lower left side of the head. This is an oil return line, so be sure its not going into any vacuum lines or you'll have smoke for days.

The big hose in pic #3 should go between the Idle control valve (bottom of the throttle body) and the intake system (pre-turbo).
lantz2121
QUOTE(scothaniel @ Mar 22, 2006 - 7:55 PM) [snapback]411487[/snapback]

First off, which harness are you using?
Next, try to add some big red arrows to the pics to show what your looking at. You might also want to trace the vac lines back and see where they go - much easier to figure out that way.
Also, The 3rd gen motor doesnt have a cold start injector.

The catch can (black box on the top of the head) has one big line coming from the valve cover (as seen in pic above), one big line going to the intake system (pre-turbo), and the small line going to a nipple on the lower left side of the head. This is an oil return line, so be sure its not going into any vacuum lines or you'll have smoke for days.

The big hose in pic #3 should go between the Idle control valve (bottom of the throttle body) and the intake system (pre-turbo).

I am using the third gen harness. Thanks I have figured out what goes to the intake pre turbo. But what hooks to that oil return line and also need to know what hooks to the plug in pic 1 and 2. Furthermore there are two brown plugs that look like injector plugs however they are not. and last there is a sensor with two vaccum lines hooks to a blue connector under the intake manifold, not sure where theu go. I have more pictures that are a little better of some things. also don't think /i have the right coil conector? thanks lance

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
tangcla
IPB Image
The small vacuum hose goes to the blow off valve / dump valve.

IPB Image
The ? (question mark) shaped pipe is the PCV... goes back into your intake.
phattyduck
IPB Image
^^^ This goes to the bottom (small) port on the stock catch can that sits on the top of the head

IPB Image
^^^ The port is the same as the first pic. The blue plug is for the boost control solenoid.

IPB Image
^^^ Boost control solenoid. Two vacuum lines are connected to it. One to the wastegate actuator, one should go back to the intake pre-turbo (via a couple hard lines 'n stuff).

IPB Image
^^^ Maybe the idle air controller??

Hope that helps.
lantz2121
You all kick a$$ we have it all sorted out except for the 1st pic of the plug by the TB and the 2 brown plugs. I can't wait to hear it run; it should be done by the end of next month. thanks lance
scothaniel
What are the wire colors for the 2 brown plugs?
lantz2121
The 2 brown plugs are for the additional vsv's for the st205 antilag system. thanks lance
IPB Image
Insanity-74
The first one looks like the connection to a sensor under the throttle body. There are two under the throttle body but have different connections so you shouldnt get mixed up.

The two vacuum lines (second picture) the thicker one is the air feed to the idle up valve, it goes to the standard airbox....the thinner line is the dump valve vacuum line.

The third picture has been covered.

The pressure vent thing is the rocker cover vent pipe...should feed into your turbo intake pipe.

Pictures from further away would be better so I can get my bearings as to where your looking

lilsteeg
where in ohio are you, i would love to come by and maybe help out or see this thing once it is done, let me know
lantz2121
Just wanted to say thanks to all who helped me figure out what and where everything goes. Just about everything I have learned about the celica came from reading hours of posts. Thanks 6GC Lance

P.S. The only plug that does not have a home is the one plug by the TB it is not the aic or tps I took off the Tb and there are no plugs left for this. I really think it went to the a/w intercooler need conformation from an st205 owner witha/w intercooler.

Also any info on the wrc 205 antilag vsv's whould be great. Can I use just the one or do I need to source these additional parts? thanks again Lance
Insanity-74
The st205 antilag isnt active on road cars so I dont see why you need to connect it, I dont know if it serves another purpose though...I dont think it does......Will check out the TB plug tonight when I get back from work.
lantz2121
QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Mar 29, 2006 - 5:35 AM) [snapback]414911[/snapback]

The st205 antilag isnt active on road cars so I dont see why you need to connect it, I dont know if it serves another purpose though...I dont think it does......Will check out the TB plug tonight when I get back from work.

Kewl so just the one vtv or vsv should be fine; let me know about the plug by the TB. thanks again Lance
Insanity-74
QUOTE(lantz2121 @ Mar 29, 2006 - 6:43 AM) [snapback]414922[/snapback]

QUOTE(Insanity-74 @ Mar 29, 2006 - 5:35 AM) [snapback]414911[/snapback]

Kewl so just the one vtv or vsv should be fine

As far as I know...but i dont know if they serve another purpose or not??? You had best check just in case.
Insanity-74
Right....just had a quick look for ya......around the throttle body there are 4 connections that I can see....one goes to the throttle position sensor on the right hand side of the TB...another is a temp sensor under the throttle body. One connects to a temp sensor in the inlet manifold right next to, and slightly down from the RH side of the TB...another on the left goes to the inlet manifold pressure sensor on the bulkhead, so its quite a long lead....thats all I can see. All the others from that part of the loom go to injectors.
tangcla
speaking of temp sensors... is there any way of tapping into the temp sensor on the intake manifold? Seems easier than drilling into the throttle body to attach a temp sensor tongue.gif
Insanity-74
I wouldnt, incase you get false readings and **** up the car....its easy to drill into the manifold and tap it for a sensor...just make sure you get all the swarf out or it`ll be sucked into your engine...then its good night vienna.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.