Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte swap
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
bigal004321
I just bought a half cut and am not sre whether i want someone else to do it or if i want to do it myself. CUz i dont live around any fellow 6gcer so i am kinda on my own if i do it myself. If i have someone else do the wiring, how hard is the 3sgte swap into a GT using the same manual tranny. Just wondering on a scale from 1 to 10, from personal experiences.
hitcachi
Since you already have a GT and a manual tranny, heres what i would do. Order your front clip. Send the GT wiring harness and 3S-GTE harness down to Mr. Tweak rigth away since hes booked up. Contact some people on this forum who are from NY i know there are quite a few in NY and many people that are close by) see if they wana come on up every so often and help you out with a swap. Chances are your going to find that people on the this forum are gonna actually want to come to ur place to help out with a swap. Doing swaps is fun as hell and everybody learns new stuff each time. Then when your about finish up Tweak is gonna have ur harness all completed and then just plug and play that beast then you'll be almost home free. Go for it man and continue to research all the other little odds and ends that your going to need.

-Jim
Supersprynt
Probably a 7. Harness is the hardest part. DGPerformance does harnesses, or maybe Tweak.

Where in NY are you? There are alot of swappers in the northeast.
lagos
do what hitachi said. you will regret it dearly if you try to have a shop to it for you.

one of the best things about the swap, is that you get to learn every inch of your car. its not really hard to do, but it is a fair bit of work.
bigal004321
Thanks for all the advice guys. And i plan on doing the swap for myself, jsut have someone else do the wiring. And i live near the canadian border, so i am way upstate, people probably wont want to drive this far to help someone with their swap. But i will finish it one way or the other. And i already have the clip, just waiting to pick it up next weekend. Yeah i asked this kid how much he would charge if i had him do it, and all he would have to do is drop the engine in and plug in the harness, and he told me $1000.00 just to do that. I was like ummm..nooo...i already payed 1300.00 for the clip and am going to pay 300 to have the harness done. SO i dont plan on paying 1300 just for labor.

ALso i found this site let me know how true this is...so far i am going off of this for parts and stuff..even though it is for an mr2..My Webpage scroll down to 'applying the basics'

Bigal

PS i will be sure to take lots of pics for you guys..cuz i know everyone loves pictures
Munkee
So you say that there alot of peeps on this forum that are down to help. Are any of you guys from the Seattle area? cuz I could use the help when time comes, hopefully in the next month or so. All my friends aren't the most knowledgable peeps. I'm goin to attempt the jdm MR2 motor into my 94 gt
hitcachi
Well, how bout Coomer, Natalie, Amy, um theres more, hang on......
Drocay
haha he said NE not NW. lol. Good luck buddy just be smart and don't rush it.
Dr_Tweak
QUOTE(Drocay @ Mar 20, 2006 - 6:34 PM) [snapback]410462[/snapback]

haha he said NE not NW. lol.

I think we was answering Munkee's post asking if there is anyone in the Seattle area.

bigal, I think we've exchanged emails, but if you need anything else just let me know.

-Doc
bigal004321
Hey Tweak are you in Georgia now? I thought you were going down to SC?

Bigal

QUOTE(Dr_Tweak @ Mar 20, 2006 - 11:28 PM) [snapback]410728[/snapback]

QUOTE(Drocay @ Mar 20, 2006 - 6:34 PM) [snapback]410462[/snapback]

haha he said NE not NW. lol.

I think we was answering Munkee's post asking if there is anyone in the Seattle area.

bigal, I think we've exchanged emails, but if you need anything else just let me know.

-Doc

RUNNIN-LOW
well guys dont forget to add that he needs to get a fly wheel that will fit the 5sfe tranny to the 3sgte motor...not sure where..i got a mr2 tranny so 5sfe tranny peeps you could tell himm....
bigal004321
I am just going to get my stock one resurfaced.

bigal
Rjb23
You use the stock 3s flywheel with a hybrid 3s/5s clutch. You don't need a new flywheel.
bigal004321
QUOTE(Rjb23 @ Apr 11, 2006 - 5:56 PM) [snapback]420317[/snapback]

You use the stock 3s flywheel with a hybrid 3s/5s clutch. You don't need a new flywheel.

ALot of people jsut get the stock flywheel resurfaced. THough i am still thinking about getting the fidanza lightened one.

Bigal
celicast3sgte
munkee, im in WA, lynnwood area. I'm in the middle of swaping my car with a 3s but I'm going a much different route than that of the normal swapper. Any questions PM me I may be able to come down on the weekends, I'm usually too tired after work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.