Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: XAT RACING again
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celica47
lol there was a thread not to long about the guys at XAT racing, so i decided to call them also. Some guy told me that theres no WAY a 3sgte would fit into our cars because of some type of SUB FRAME. Maybe engine mounts?! But i dont get how they could say that when RIGHT THERE on there website it says doing the swap into celicas. And then i ask him about the silvertop into a celica. He tells me that you cant make the car a manual that it is impossible and that i must keep the car auto and the swap will be around $5000. I dont know iam starting to lose faith in those guys.
lagos
just cause they have a website, dosnt mean they know what they are doing
celicarus
wow - i'm surprised - but glad i ended up deciding to try the swap myself
celica47
Yeah but most people consider them a professional shop....why would you put something down on a website that everybody sees and then you call to get more information and tell you that it cant be done?!
Silver94CelicaOwner
Its possible that they give themselves too much credit at what they do.

I know its a little bit more of a drive, but if you want it really done right do yourself a favor and talk to Dr. Tweak. He's in Savannah Georgia now and will do it all right the first time and wont jerk you around like those guys. wink.gif

Good luck with everything.
celica47
Thanks man...yeah i know Dr. Tweak will take care of everybody...iam actully considering it.
Silver94CelicaOwner
If I were in Florida and I wanted to hire somebody to do the swap for me, I would go the extra distance to have Doc Tweak put a masterful touch on it.....no consideration involved, especially against XAT. wink.gif

My .02

easternpiro1
i cant remember what the tread was called but there are some guys here who have had work done at xat. they say that the people who were told the swap cant be done was an imbecile. adn that some there know what theyre doing and some dont. but imo, if you got a shop thats half idiot and half imbecile...youre in trouble... wink.gif
Fastbird
QUOTE(celica47 @ Mar 24, 2006 - 12:56 AM) [snapback]412299[/snapback]

Thanks man...yeah i know Dr. Tweak will take care of everybody...iam actully considering it.

In just the couple short weeks I've been working with Dr. Tweak his customer service has been some of the best I've EVER seen in the automotive industry. I'm VERY pleased I made the decision to go to him.
orvillescelica
QUOTE(celica47 @ Mar 23, 2006 - 8:53 PM) [snapback]412275[/snapback]

lol there was a thread not to long about the guys at XAT racing, so i decided to call them also. Some guy told me that theres no WAY a 3sgte would fit into our cars because of some type of SUB FRAME. Maybe engine mounts?! But i dont get how they could say that when RIGHT THERE on there website it says doing the swap into celicas. And then i ask him about the silvertop into a celica. He tells me that you cant make the car a manual that it is impossible and that i must keep the car auto and the swap will be around $5000. I dont know iam starting to lose faith in those guys.

They might have said it is impossible because you have an ST. Of course we know that its far from impossible, but it is harder than a GT. Im sure that they just dont want to take on the extra work of the ST. As for the 4A, thats a crazy price. Im pretty sure that if you asked to actually talk to a mechanic rather than the guy who jsut answers the phone, you might get a mroe educated result.
celica47
yeah i hope thats the case....i think these guys are just a bunch of nissan junkies and dont know much about celicas.
zachattack15
They know about the 3sgte for sure. Alot of mr2 guys have been very happy with their work.
celica47
yeah that may be tru, but as far as them knowing about the 3sgte engine in the celica i dont think they know. WEll like eastern said some know what they are talking about and some dont.
FallenHero
there was once a member on this page that had the 3s swap done there. they might not have understood what you were talking about, or they are backed up.
Vacchus
Tell them to remove the "Racing" from their company name..
If they say that the swap is impossible, i would not go to their place for any reason..
Maybe they are talking about the celica from playstation..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.