Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new dyno results!! WOOT
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
presure2
well, since the last dyno, i removed the BTM, and been thinking ALOT about timing.
with that in mind, i put a little race gas in the tank, and according to the butt-dyno, she felt ALOT better...so, i felt it'd be worth it to drop a few $$ at the dyno and see actually how much better it really was.
needless to say, i am MORE than happy.
this is with about a 50/50 mix of race gas. @ 13lbs of boost.
the lower # is stock.
laugh.gif
[attachmentid=538]
brianforster
holy crap, nice numbers!
BBoYRuGGeD
wow smile.gif thats some real nice numbers!

bboy
snapshotgt
Very nice thumbsup.gif ...but are you going to keep running 13lbs of boost on your engine though? What do you tipically run?

~snap
burneeed
wow thats unreal for a 5s.
j0e_p3t
nice. that's probably the fastest 5sfe i've ever seen.
lagos
the little 5sfTe that could. smile.gif
BLINKYxMUNKEY
Nice. Now update you signature.
Drocay
congrats manny, seems all that hard work paid off man.
playr158
mmmmmm yummy
CelicaZR
Congrat on the numbers Manny smile.gif
presure2
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Mar 31, 2006 - 6:32 PM) [snapback]416223[/snapback]

Very nice thumbsup.gif ...but are you going to keep running 13lbs of boost on your engine though? What do you tipically run?

~snap

i normally run between 11-12lbs daily, so the 13lbs wasnt a stretch.
seems to have room for more too, my knock readings on the SAFCII were actually LOWER than on straight pump. smile.gif
thanks for the props guys, once the 3s is done there will be at least one more round of testing...with MORE boost. wink.gif
x_itchy_b_x
thats sick man. lets let the boost flow!!!
1bwilson
Nice numbers Manny.... Hell of a way to call me out wink.gif
Batman722
Damn work !!!!! I should of been there !!!!!

Awesome #s Manny...I think that is better than any of us could of dreamed of from a 5s

congrats man
elvasoshexai
did i miss the thread or something about the reason why u're swapping in a 3s instead of keeping the 5s? or will you be swapping the 3s when the 5s finally craps out?
Bigmeanbulldog55
I was hoping you would just put a ge head on the 5s block instead of the swap. Those are some nice numbers. I see you got about 500 rpm over stock. Is that what you were talking about with more room? Did the SAFCII do that?
lagos
manny ... i know see what you were talking about with the power droping off after 4k . you can see the econo head design in action . its kind of funny, cause based on this dyno, you should be able to shift at 4500rpm and still smoke most people..lol
SHERMAN
congrats on the numbers but i would like to see what your celica will run in the 1/4 mile
hitcachi
QUOTE(lagos @ Apr 1, 2006 - 12:43 AM) [snapback]416332[/snapback]

manny ... i know see what you were talking about with the power droping off after 4k . you can see the econo head design in action . its kind of funny, cause based on this dyno, you should be able to shift at 4500rpm and still smoke most people..lol

Good point Lagos, and Manny, you are an inspiration to take the time and PROPERLY turbo a car.
97sccelica
so you are running what ever timing the ECU runs for the stock 5s?

what octane race gas did u run?
lagos
read the post. he was on a mix of race gas and high octain.
presure2
timing is set to stock (10*btdc)
yea, it was a 50/50 mix 110 and 93 pump.
jgreening
Great numbers Manny. Out of curiosity, what tires are you running and hows the traction?
presure2
thanks jay.
tires are falken ziex 512s
1st gear and 2nd gear from a stop are pretty much usless if i try and launch the car hard. lmao
its all about clutch control, and feathering in the throttle thru the 1st and 2nd gears..lol

QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Apr 1, 2006 - 12:33 AM) [snapback]416329[/snapback]

I was hoping you would just put a ge head on the 5s block instead of the swap. Those are some nice numbers. I see you got about 500 rpm over stock. Is that what you were talking about with more room? Did the SAFCII do that?

bulldog, if you wanna pay for the work, and engine management to run it properly, i'd be MORE than happy to do it wink.gif
the only reason i ran it up another 500rpm or so is just cause i had more balls this time, not really afraid to hold it out to redline anymore..lol
what i mean by more room is:
when i run straight pump gas, my knock readings on the SAFCII are normally in the 220-225 range after a boosting run.
with the race gas mix, the knock readings were never above 183.
IMO i have room to run more boost. wink.gif

QUOTE(SHERMAN @ Apr 1, 2006 - 1:53 AM) [snapback]416347[/snapback]

congrats on the numbers but i would like to see what your celica will run in the 1/4 mile

my wife ran a 14.07 last fall @ island dragway on the old crappy, knocking pump gas tune. wink.gif
13's should NOT be a problem this year smile.gif

QUOTE(lagos @ Apr 1, 2006 - 12:43 AM) [snapback]416332[/snapback]

yea, the torque starts to drop off right after the peak, 4400rpm like it should, at least now it keeps making power till 5400 or so.
gotta love the grunt of the 5s+'27 combo. wink.gif
RedGTS
Looks good Manny.
97sccelica
QUOTE(presure2 @ Apr 1, 2006 - 3:43 AM) [snapback]416383[/snapback]

timing is set to stock (10*btdc)
yea, it was a 50/50 mix 110 and 93 pump.

cool

i bet you could get the same result with a water injection kit. its cheaper than constantly buying race gas
lagos
thats a pretty good idea.
x_itchy_b_x
yeah im def doing water injection when i decide to run higher boost on the 3s. WI rocks.
you should think about it manny.
madmods
Im still shaking my head about 267 on the 5. If it wasn't for your dyno sheet, i'd be like no way....
Awesome work man!
Defgeph
When you do it right, you get the results.thumbsup.gif I love to see this engine be pushed to the limits. You are a very very Knowledable tuner. I love seeing these numbers and, you ARE the man !

This is going to be a good year for us at the track. We are going to take over the stip this year.

Good stuff man, this is what happens when you do it right !

devilsden97
uncorrected numbers plz
presure2
QUOTE(devilsden97 @ Apr 3, 2006 - 8:35 AM) [snapback]417125[/snapback]

uncorrected numbers plz

lol..ok
thanks for the props guys.
IPB Image
devilsden97
PROPS!^
Silver94CelicaOwner
Awesome job, Manny! Thats just sick on a 5SFE.

What impresses me most is that this is ALL done on a stock S54 trans with upgraded clutch with what, 175-180k miles on it?? You rock Manny.
presure2
QUOTE(Silver94CelicaOwner @ Apr 3, 2006 - 12:48 PM) [snapback]417213[/snapback]

Awesome job, Manny! Thats just sick on a 5SFE.

What impresses me most is that this is ALL done on a stock S54 trans with upgraded clutch with what, 175-180k miles on it?? You rock Manny.

hey thanks corey! cant wait to see ya this summer!
yea, 100% stock tranny, ACT street disk and heavy duty pressure plate.
tranny has 175k+ on it. lol :knocks on wood:

just as a side note...i talked to bryan "no-shoes" moore this morning, and he tells me that i should be using STD correction instead of SAE at my altitude.
so, ill post that as well.
[attachmentid=539]
presure2
QUOTE(madmods @ Apr 2, 2006 - 6:21 AM) [snapback]416689[/snapback]

Im still shaking my head about 267 on the 5. If it wasn't for your dyno sheet, i'd be like no way....
Awesome work man!

hahaha thanks man, even i was VERY suprized by the #s as well. i knew it FELT better, but i wasnt expecting that...lol
i have vids and unmolestable run-files for those who may have doubts... wink.gif
Supersprynt
this makes me happy in pants.
lagos
sounds like a good time to test out jeffs camera mount some more...
Silver94CelicaOwner
Art, speaking of camera mount.....I want to see some vids of your car already!! smile.gif
presure2
heres a quick vid i put together of what i see when im on the dyno.
enjoy! (2.5MB)
right click - save as
smile.gif
devilsden97
nice
snapshotgt
Nice video smile.gif

~snap
dustin15brown
very very very nice man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.