Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pikes Peak Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
GT4WRC
Scanned from the August 1994 issue of MOTOR magazine...

IPB Image

Gary
LewFX
woot.gif
Valo666
think hez gettin enough downforce??..holy wing and a half.
hitcachi
bowdown.gif We are in the presence of royalty!
DeW_H0e_GT
HOLY MUTHA!!!!! bowdown.gif
Jaws4God
it almost doesn't look real in that pic... :-P
CelicaST202
Rod is the MAN!!!! Rally driver and now drifter biggrin.gif
CelicaZR
6gc represent biggrin.gif
Mr_E
QUOTE(Valo666 @ Apr 3, 2006 - 2:55 AM) [snapback]416961[/snapback]
think hez gettin enough downforce??..holy wing and a half.

Mmmm, but at the top of the course the air is *very* thin......
dustinkemp
thats freakin sweet!!!
BBoYRuGGeD
i love that car...i have the HotWheels edition of that lol

bboy
3rdgen3s95
Im starting a GB for that spoiler, anyone in with me??? haha, nice find though.
snapshotgt
bowdown.gif sweeeeeeetttttt bowdown.gif
massbrandon
goooooooo bowdown.gif
bloodrain
i cant stop laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
tomazws
I remember later on they replaced it with a Tacoma... or that the Celica replaced the Tacoma? I'm not sure anymore...

if I remember correctly both are really ugly looking cars lol

IPB Image

IPB Image
Silver94CelicaOwner
FWIW, Rhys Millen is the drifter who is sponsored by Pontiac that competes in D1 Drift. Its Rod Millen who has been known for his tuning and building skills on competition cars and development of aftermarket parts.

But yeah, that car is totally sick. Goes to show what kind of skills were around, even back then.
CelicaST202
Both Rhys and Rod are now competing in Formula D drifting series. Rhys drives the GTO and Rod has the RX-8.
95gtschick
looks awesome, at first i thought the wing was part of the scenery... didn't pay much attention, but damn! that thing is huge!
speedy
That car is sick but I like the yellow Pennzoil version better and i think that is the one he set the record in. woot.gif
CeLiKaoS
thumbsup.gif
it's look like a toy laugh.gif
97lestyousay
Short clip

Pikes Peak Celica
Celicav
This Pikes Peak Celica has been in the Car and Driver one-a-day flip calendars at least in the 2001 version. It has hung on my wall at work for severals years now. I should scan it some time and post it. biggrin.gif
Negative
Does anyone have anymore PPC videos or info? I really love that car. One day I hope to take a shell from a junkyard and make a model of it in my garage. Just a rolling chasis for show. I would really appreciate any more info.
Thanks
Chanh55
Some pics I found on the web for your enjoyment:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Where would you buy a wing like that? I want to replicate one for the hell of it, I think it would be funny cruising around in a car like that. laugh.gif
Negative
I'm an engineer in a fully capable CNC machine shop. Plus I hae a good working relationship with my boss who is a boat-nut and he understands the need to mod. I pretty much can make anything with enough time and the right materials.
That's where half my custom modding comes from (Aircraft quality Strut tower bracing, MR2 Header modifications etc.)

BTW - Thanks Chanh.
Anybody have more/longer videos?
97lestyousay
Found another vid. Its about the suzuki but it has some good shots
of the celi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IN-pO_Ok0

Ok this one is way better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwvbL4Rrh48
Negative
Man thanks. This car is God.
jason
IPB Image

haha i have a normal hatchback one too around here somewhere laugh.gif
Bigwaaagh
That car is incredible, I saw it yesterday on tv. Rod set the record with the yellow version, that record still stands today since 1994.
97lestyousay
My collection I still need a few more. haha

IPB Image
Negative
You don't have the two blues PPC's. I have extras if you wanna trade for an extra yellow and red one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.