Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reverse noise
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Blackdolla
Sometimes when I put my car in reverse I hear a high pitch swishing almost squealing noise. It doesn't happen very often. Can ayone tell me what this noise could be. I drive a standard.
bigwerm
Ive never heard it in my car, but my cousins integra, and my friends integra do the same thing, even when they were new.
97sccelica
ALL honda trannies(or atleast the ones attatched to the i4 engines) make that noise in reverse.

toyota trannies, from what i have noticed, do not. check your fluid level. does it happen when the tranny is warm? or does temp not make a difference.
gizmo_96GT
It happens all the time my celi makes that noise as well i say its normal.
Blackdolla
It doesn't happen when its warm. I only happens if its been sitting for a while and I put it in reverse.
kyle314
the reverse gears r strait gears so there going to make noise, its normal. but check ur fluid anyway.
Pvc99gT
yea that has happened on every car i have ever driven. if your going slowly it shouldnt really happen, but if you let the clutch out all the way you'll prolly hear a lil noise like "raar" i wouldnt worry about it.
snadman
Yehp every manual I've driven has done that sound...my firend once told me it was my power steering...lmao! (I kicked him in the leg don't worry)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.