Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which car should i Pick
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
JDM321
I save up some money and I was thinking getting a new car. Which car should I pick, could u guys help me out. Thanx ( by the way I still love my 6G and I'm not planning to sell it) biggrin.gif :
celi_gt_racer
exactly how much money have u been saving.. id personally like to see another 4a-gze, 4a-ge20v, 3s-ge, or 3s-gte powered celi!!!! biggrin.gif
JDM321
I save around $25000. so should I save it for later or what? and ppl check out my pics at my profile.
west_minist
go with the 2004 wrx STI since it is a 2.5L Turbo doing 300HP, 300FtLb.
6JenCelica
is that a GTI 337?? my friend has one... I'd get the Infiniti G35 its hot
Supersprynt
I'd pick the 350Z over the G35 - i kno they're basically the same car the 350 just looks SO DAMN HOT - very aggressive - its also not a Honda. Nissan builds a good engine - SR20DET - oof the stock turbo is grande.
macavely
hey well if it was me i would go with the RSX Type S...they is just so much you can do to and with that car...
Supersprynt
WRX STi - how can u compare - 4WD rally car
Pvc99gT
Dude, from those pics it seems like u have enough cars already lol. personally, i dont think this year is a great year for new cars, and you could spend nowhere near 25k and have your celi beatin the crap outta every ricer you see, and lookin a lot better than everything else on the road. so if i had 25k, which i dont, i would do 1 of three things or maybe 2 of three things. 1. wait for some better new cars to come out (2005-2006 are supposedly gonna be some crazy years! 8th Gen? MKV Supra?) 2. 3sgte my celi and make it insane. 3. buy an older car like a 70's celi or a 60's mustang or a datsun, find the biggest engine that would fit and make that insane (i've heard ideas like puttin 383's in cars like those, dunno if it would work tho) but thats just my opinion.
HyperDeathKill
Geez, what a wide range of cars... hard to choose.
HyperDeathKill
Well no not really. WRX STI, 4 to the floor, 250+ horse, new. I'd do that.
west_minist
QUOTE (HyperDeathKill @ Jun 5, 2003 - 6:52 AM)
Well no not really. WRX STI, 4 to the floor, 250+ horse, new. I'd do that.

The wrx STI for 2004 comes with 300HP, 300Lb.Ft.

http://www.subaru.com or http://impreza.subaru.com
TurboGT14PSI
the scooby would be hard to beat, but for the same price you can get a Evo8...or a Mazda RX-8, or a mid range 350Z..... =)
bigwerm
personally I would go with the new lancer evo. It looks insane and its faster then the Subaru.
Seth6Gen
I would not count out the mitsubishi evo VIII if your thinking about AWD Turbos.... just compare and you decide, but the evo VIII has some great options...
jumpinccv
QUOTE (bigwerm @ Jun 5, 2003 - 6:53 AM)
its faster then the Subaru.

Nope the evo is "slower"...not much but it is....
Evo:
Engine Type: Inline-4
Engine Block: Cast Iron
Cylinder Head: Aluminum Alloy
Displacement (liters): 2.0
Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net): 271@6500
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm): 273@3500
Redline (rpm): 7000
Turbocharger Type: Twin Scroll Turbine
Top Speed: 157 MPH

Subaru STI:

Type Horizontally opposed 4-cylinder intercooled high-boost turbo with die-cast aluminum-alloy block and aluminum-alloy cylinder heads. Intercooler has driver-controlled manual water spray cooler with low-fluid indicator.
Displacement 2.5 liters (150 cubic inches)
Horsepower 300 @ 6000 rpm
Torque (lb.-ft.) 300 @ 4000 rpm
Valvetrain 16-valve with Dual Overhead Camshaft design (DOHC) with Active Valve Control System (AVCS) variable valve timing.

Acura Type-S:

The RSX Type-S engine puts out 200 hp at 7400 rpm and reaches its peak torque of 142 lb.-ft. at 6,000 rpm. That works out to 100 horsepower per liter-one of the highest specific outputs of any production engine in the world. Even with all this power, the RSX Type-S still achieves an estimated EPA fuel economy of 24/31 mpg (city/highway). And the California Air Resources Board (CARB) has rated the RSX Type-S a LEV-II (Low Emission Vehicle II), by its standards for 2004.

350Z:
Engine
3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6
aluminum-alloy engine with CVTCS
129 lb-ft of torque @ 2,400 rpm
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm S S S S S
Sequential multi-point electronic
fuel injection

Type R:
Product Specifications
This 1997 model features a 195-hp, 1.8-liter, dual-overhead-cam, 16-valve VTEC inline 4-cylinder engine that puts out more hp-per liter than any other normally aspirated mass-produced engine in the US... not anymore due to the Rsx...but the facts stay the same...

I would go with the STI its got more power and torque than any of the others. As far as getting parts comparing to the Acura...there is a huge following for WRX's and soon to be sti's....plus its all-wheel drive...though the evo is about just as good..you can't go wrong with either...i'd go with the sti...

west_minist
Do not forget to add wrc proven and always in the top 3
Silver94CelicaOwner
Man, that is tough....if i were you, i would just add on to the celi with a couple thousand(give it what it deserves wink.gif).....then hold the rest for a few years and get a used 350z or a WRX.
jumpinccv
QUOTE (Silver94CelicaOwner @ Jun 5, 2003 - 8:44 PM)
then hold the rest for a few years and get a used 350z or a WRX.

thats what I'm going to do... tongue.gif
boosted_K2
yepp id sell the celi and buy an EVO 8 or a RX-8.
Matthew
sadly i would sell the celica and get the STi.
west_minist
The celica is a out dated car unless you were looking at the 7g.

This is what to do. Do to the subaru dealer and get a test drive on the old wrx.

In the pass, subaru made wrx and sti for people who need fast cars at an executive level. The Evo was made for pure racing and rally and did not give whoops about the go betweens.

Subaru 2004 have ralise this and have produce a really beast. The car is just mad and vicious.

There are a sight to behold.

The early impreza looks "If you mess with mess you will see."

00'- 03 impreza "I am not making sport, but if you want to come!"

04' states "Ok now, come and I will show you who is beast"

Subaru have really listen to the market with the STI model for the USA.

So please do not bother about the EVO. There are out dated. There cannot even get there act together in there names. EVO 1,2,3,4,5,6,8. Soon from now there is ging to be an EVO IX.

I love the evo, but wrc have proven over and over again how good the subaru it.

So do not waste time, preorder your 2004 Subaru STI model (2.5L 300HP 300LbFt w/ AWD control)
Swifty
Dude save up another 5 grand and get an Rx-8 fully loaded... then turbo it. with a custom turbo setup/intercoolers on the renesis engine u could be pushing almost 360 WHP with medium boost, thus raping anything short of european exotics. Period.
funks
QUOTE (west_minist @ Jun 7, 2003 - 3:36 PM)
There are a sight to behold.

The early impreza looks "If you mess with mess you will see."

00'- 03 impreza  "I am not making sport, but if you want to come!"

04' states "Ok now, come and I will show you who is beast"

Subaru have really listen to the market with the STI model for the USA.

So please do not bother about the EVO. There are out

You sound like a friggin SOBE commercial smile.gif

I'd say for 25G's, get yourself a second hand 6TH GEN GT4 with low mileage from AU or NZ or EU and get it shipped over here (it must be possible as they've been importing Skylines - wishfull thinking smile.gif Then use the $$$ saved for another project - hey - at least you got two cars that will most likely be reliable for quite a while (WRX's are $$$ to maintain - transmission has issues).. We need an alternative to motorex (who just seems to import skylines)..
BlackandTAN
If I were you, I would buy somethin that suited me and not the opinon of everyone else after all your goin to have to drive it, they only look at it...( food for thought ) but my opinon is niether..go with the EVO VIII.. biggrin.gif
BlackandTAN
QUOTE (west_minist @ Jun 7, 2003 - 3:36 PM)
So please do not bother about the EVO. There are out dated. There cannot even get there act together in there names. EVO 1,2,3,4,5,6,8. Soon from now there is ging to be an EVO IX.

How can you say that the EVO has lost its act ?.. I mean geez, I for one know that the EVO hasn't lost its act, and I know this because of driving/knowing someone who has the father of all the EVOs and this car, my be a 92' but its got more performance, more grip, more go, for its time, the fact of the matter is, that this car was ahead of its time, you can quickly see this when you note that they were only made for a short 2years.... Now look at the EVO VIII, finally the U.S. is ready for the car.. we get it, and its a contender to the STI, which let me state, that the EVO is a sole model... where as the STI is the highest model you can purchase, The EVO went head 2 head with the STI, and they share power features, and handling issues, it all depends on what your into as to what you choose, But i like them both equally to know and see the Good engineering skills on both cars...(minus the damn warrenty issues) but thats all..long live EVO
gjunon
<--- would buy a TT supra 97 =)
mmolton
i would buy a used supra tt but that is my opion
Matthew
i would either get the STi or an RX-7 or Supra TT.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.