Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3sgte Swap in an ST?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Stipt
I was wondering how much work is involved in swapping in a 3sgte into an ST.
Supersprynt
Alot of work - rewire ECU, change tranny, weld new engine mounts, change axles.
$4,000
Jason
4,000$! I'd do it for 4,000! But be reasonable, its more-or-less like 6,000$ for a 3SGTE swap into an ST. Your getting all the excess money tacked on with new engine mounts, seperate transmission, and custom axle.
FallenHero
Especially when the 4agze supposedly has just as much potential when turboed.
Stipt
Ehh....I'll stick with a GT, guess I have to find another GT LoL
macavely
yea it's worth it i think...but get the 4agze.. it is just as strong as the 3s gte...
Supersprynt
I did the swap under $3000, but yeah i dunno how much to get the mounts for and how much they do the welding, unless u kno how.
dirty
I bout the Left and right mount for about 150..bran new....and then i poured the urethane mix into the front mount. Then I had a coustom solid rear mount made because we had problems mounting the stock rear mounts to the crossmember. so all in all i paid like 250 for Mounts.
Matthew
4a-gze would be your best bet...

some people on here say that they have just as much potential as a 3s-gte but i would say at about 2 times the cost to get the same power....

never seen a 700hp 4a-gze
Jason
I'm sure if you put the money into getting a better supercharger, you could gain alot of HP. I know there's a supercharger for a Probe GT that adds 231wHP, its insanely crazy and costs alot. So i doubt it would be really hard to get extensive HP from a 4AGZE, but its the "how much money is in your pocket"-type thing. After I run around with my Overdrive Pulley, FMIC and Intake and whatnot for awhile, i'll actually look into getting custom axle's and hopefully go for more HP. I don't really want more than 200HP on my Celica, its just really not worth it.
qatar11
http://www.topshelfracing.com/project/pricelist.htm

yes yes i paid out of my ass for a lot of ****, but when you're a trailblazer, you're a trailblazer wink.gif
celicaboy95
do you really have to replace the tranny if you have a manual ST?
97sccelica
QUOTE (celicaboy95 @ Jun 12, 2003 - 9:15 AM)
do you really have to replace the tranny if you have a manual ST?

yes, the tranny will not bolt up to the 3sgte which means it cant be used. buy a gt tranny for about $500. its even worse for people that have autos, be it an ST or a GT, either way a new tranny and all the parts of a manual are needed(pedal, shifter, linkages, slave cylinder, etc.)
Cragspider
QUOTE (qatar11 @ Jun 12, 2003 - 7:24 AM)

yes yes i paid out of my ass for a lot of ****, but when you're a trailblazer, you're a trailblazer wink.gif

Mike I didn't know that you ever came over here, but I was going to say to check out Topshelfracing.com for the write up that you did. I was looking at doing the swap but its not really worth it on the ST's. Just swap in an A series engine. But now that Im getting a GT its going to be a whole lot easier to swap the 3s in to it.
Bryan
funks
QUOTE (qatar11 @ Jun 12, 2003 - 5:24 AM)

is your shop planning on offering to offer the upgrade as a service?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.