Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Phr0z3n664
I can't decide I heard both the Veilside and the tanabe sounds good, so what should I get?
TurboGT14PSI
i like my magnaflow...sounds great, nice and deep, and great quality, and inexpensive =)

CelicaGoddess
I don't have one but i've heard alot of good things about the Greddy SP
Seth6Gen
QUOTE (CelicaGoddess @ Jun 5, 2003 - 10:01 AM)
I don't have one but i've heard alot of good things about the Greddy SP

The Greddy SP is a cat back exhaust, not a muffler... fyi
Phr0z3n664
Only thing I'm worried about is that the Veilside has a huge tip, would I be considered RICE, if I ran with this muffler?

also where should I place resonators to cut the sound down w/o losing power I am just welding the muffler on when I get it until I can buy my header and piping, but where should I place a resonator?
HyperDeathKill
You can't be considered RICE with performance parts... now if you put type R badges on, and got a huge spoiler that'd be a different story.
Phr0z3n664
I think I'm gonna go with the Veilside muffler
jayi12-15psi
any pics of the veilside on a celica?
zigy
QUOTE (HyperDeathKill @ Jun 5, 2003 - 1:00 PM)
You can't be considered RICE with performance parts... now if you put type R badges on, and got a huge spoiler that'd be a different story.

well my Chicago land fella.... when is a muffler considered a performance part???

you get sound, and that's it.... (unless you got full cat-back exhaust)...

heheh JK peace yo
Mynzeyes
w/ a muffler it is considered a performance upgrade, because of the straight through design and lack of restriction. as far as "rice" is concerned, i saw a nicely put list one time, that stated that the determination of an "unnecessarily large tip" is when the exhaust tip is bigger than the actual exhaust piping, which in the Celica's case is about 2". smile.gif. i say go w/ the Tanabe Racing Medallion.

-John-
Phr0z3n664
aghh ok it's the Tanabe for sure I have heard them on 2 or 3 6th gen's and they sound nice, so that's what I'm going with
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.