Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ABS Axles
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
bigal004321
How do you tell if 3sgte axles are ABS or not? On the inside of the engine bay there are relays for ABS, does that mean the axles are ABS?

Thanks for any help

Bigal

EDIT: IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ABS or not?

Rjb23
If you dont have ABS it doesnt matter if you use ABS axles or not, but you can tell by looking at the ends of them they have notches in the part that the cv boot connects to all the way around the axle, it kinda looks like teeth on a gear.

Sorry I don't know really how to explain it.
bigal004321
if they have ABS relays does that mean that it has ABS axles?

Bigal
phattyduck
Look for the ABS unit the engine bay!

Also, there is a little toothed ring on the outer part of the axle just as it goes into the hub.

-Charlie
bigal004321
BUMP for new pics...is it ABS? Cuz i have no idea..

Bigal
bigal004321
One more pic!!IPB Image

See it does have ABS relays,,, so i am unsure of whether the axles woudl also be ABS..

Thanks for the help!

Bigal
phattyduck
QUOTE(bigal004321 @ Apr 22, 2006 - 12:09 PM) [snapback]424843[/snapback]

See it does have ABS relays,,, so i am unsure of whether the axles woudl also be ABS..

Thanks for the help!

Bigal

Look in the engine bay, man... come on! There will be an ABS unit with a bunch of brake lines to and from it. (if its an MR2, the ABS unit should be in the front trunk somewhere, I think)

You can't tell anything from any of the pictures you posted. The part of the axle with the 'toothed' section slides inside the hub and is hidden. An extra sensor bolts on the hub (two wires go to it) that you can also look for, but it wasn't clear from the pictures whether that sensor was there or not. The fuse box cover has the same printing on it whether there is ABS or not - you need to match it to an actual picture of what is actually in the fuse box.

-Charlie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.