Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rally engine
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
GT4WRC
Not picking it up until Monday, but have found a Gen IV 3SGE for a stupidly cheap price today - perfect for my rally car project.
Plan is to completely rebuild using lightweight forged rods/pistons, increased CR, balanced bottom end, flowed head, etc and throttle bodies. With uprated cam gear, should be looking at a rev limit of at least 9,000rpm - especially if I use shimless buckets out of a 1zz-fe, and save approx 30gms of weight per bucket at the same time laugh.gif
220 - 240bhp with an aftermarket ECU is my aim.....
Gary
Predator
mmmmm*drool* sounds nice, keep us posted
BBoYRuGGeD
oh damn u lucky biggrin.gif g'luck with it!

bboy
playr158
throttle BODIES?

are you going ITB smile.gif
GT4WRC
QUOTE(playr158 @ Apr 22, 2006 - 11:49 PM) [snapback]425014[/snapback]

throttle BODIES?

are you going ITB smile.gif

Yep biggrin.gif
playr158
mmmmmm HOT
4wheelWOnder
Dont know how much it would help, but trd put together a completely rebuilt beams 3sge, with about 270 horses and 240ft lbs of tourqe, just using all internals.......no computer reprogramming or nothin.....as a matter of fact, if you go to their trd japan website, theyll have everything they used for sale.........might help some, esp with the throttle bodies.........and another place to buy tb's for your 3sge is http://www.axia-sports.com/altezza.html, and http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/intake-p...en..........and good luck.
Aaagogo
don;t mind me asking,

how rich are u... or is it releatively cheap to do all this in the NZ?
Supersprynt
How exactly are u going to be doing your ITBs? Are you going to run 4 different pipes from your intercooler? This kinda seems not such a fantastic idea on a turbo car.
thatcelicaguy
its a 3sge....not a 3sgte
GT4WRC
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Apr 25, 2006 - 11:31 PM) [snapback]426567[/snapback]

How exactly are u going to be doing your ITBs? Are you going to run 4 different pipes from your intercooler? This kinda seems not such a fantastic idea on a turbo car.

Never mentioned the word turbo in relation to this project wink.gif
Gary
playr158
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Apr 26, 2006 - 12:31 AM) [snapback]426567[/snapback]

even though he's staying NA on a 3sge....

thats not how ITB's work on a turbo car.....you have your ITBs of the head then a pleumn attached to the end of the throttle bodies with 1 intercooler line attached....

IPB Image
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.