Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what about scraping?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
easternpiro1
hey guys...i was curious about what you guys would do about scraping your cars (4 those who are lowered) charlotte (and north carolina in general) sucks when it comes to driveway exits. what do you guys offer as a solution? i almost already scrape as it is even with the HUGE fender gap.

IPB Image

see how close it is?
kenjamatic
i go diagonal when i go into my drive way(even though it's not that low) sometimes i scratch my pipes when i go over speed bumps(the tall ones in shopping centers)...i guess there really isn't any solution frown.gif
BBoYRuGGeD
eastern is that ur car? damn thats looking hot. anyway im not lowered for the reason that scraping will be a big issue but even with my kit i still do scrape (f'in NJ roads) just take everything at a hard angle

bboy
zachattack15
Take angles.
Jap6g
you guys should try drivin in the UK my celis lowered and there are speedbumps everywhere. id hate to see how many scrapes i got underneath my car, im gettin a bodykit but dreadin drivin on most roads when i get it frown.gif
CelicaZR
Yea, I'm really careful driving my car now.
Even though its stock height, I cant even get up my driveway frown.gif
cause it will scrap, thats how bad it is.
But other speed bumps are fine if I take it at an angle.
Jaws4God
Angles and Slow.. but sometimes.. you can't avoid it.

Looking good btw!!
easternpiro1
QUOTE(BBoYRuGGeD @ Apr 22, 2006 - 2:27 PM) [snapback]424851[/snapback]

eastern is that ur car? damn thats looking hot. anyway im not lowered for the reason that scraping will be a big issue but even with my kit i still do scrape (f'in NJ roads) just take everything at a hard angle

bboy

yeah its mine...i FINALLY GOT IT PAINTED! im glad u like! im very afraid to get it lowered, but there is that horrible fender gap that i can put my fist in sideways! bigger series tire you think?
BBoYRuGGeD
QUOTE(easternpiro1 @ Apr 24, 2006 - 3:35 PM) [snapback]425638[/snapback]

yeah its mine...i FINALLY GOT IT PAINTED! im glad u like! im very afraid to get it lowered, but there is that horrible fender gap that i can put my fist in sideways! bigger series tire you think?

yah bigger size tires would do the trick...not too big tho...im on 215/45/17's and they look fine on my stock suspension

bboy
celica47
put bags on your car that way you can jack your car up to get over drive ways wink.gif
thatcelicaguy
my car sets so low i scraped the gas tank.....which now has a slow leak btw biggrin.gif
DeW_H0e_GT
ive sprayed undercoating on my undercarriage,....i cantstop from scrapin but at least theres some cushion ....ive lost 2 hp by addin those undercoatins..LoLs...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.