Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lightweight Flywheels!?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
94celicadude
Ok, well i recently ordered a 9 lb. flywheel from Competition Clutch, best service ever, great price, well i got the flywheel and i matched everything up, teeth for started, pressure plate pins, everything was perfect. Except for the mounting holes to the crankshaft. The flywheel i got had 8 holes, while my crank only has 6 holes. Now obviously that will not work. The engine is a 94 7-afe. I was wondering first of all if anyone has ever found a performance flywheel that will fit and bolt up to this specific engine? and second, what are the differences between the 94 7-afe and the 95-98 engines? except for the obviouse power differences. is the crankshaft on the newer engine an 8 bolt? sorry if this has been posted before, but i have not found any info when i searched.
Thanks for your help.

Matt
Kwanza26
QUOTE(94celicadude @ Apr 24, 2006 - 10:09 PM) [snapback]425845[/snapback]

Ok, well i recently ordered a 9 lb. flywheel from Competition Clutch, best service ever, great price, well i got the flywheel and i matched everything up, teeth for started, pressure plate pins, everything was perfect. Except for the mounting holes to the crankshaft. The flywheel i got had 8 holes, while my crank only has 6 holes. Now obviously that will not work. The engine is a 94 7-afe. I was wondering first of all if anyone has ever found a performance flywheel that will fit and bolt up to this specific engine? and second, what are the differences between the 94 7-afe and the 95-98 engines? except for the obviouse power differences. is the crankshaft on the newer engine an 8 bolt? sorry if this has been posted before, but i have not found any info when i searched.
Thanks for your help.

Matt

You got a 4AGE flywheel. There aren't many differences between the early 94-95 7AFE's and the later 96+ 7AFE's... all mechanically the same. The later model 4AGE flywheel (212mm version) is exactly the same as the 7AFE flywheel except it is drilled for an 8 bolt crank. Get a refund... or exchange and make sure it's for the 7AFE with 6 bolts...
94celicadude
well, i am getting a refund. Where can i get a 7afe 6 bolt flywheel? Anybody have one installed on their car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.