Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto to man trans swap?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
dskater2004
Ok i kidda always wanted to swap my auto for a man trasmission since i got the car but due to the money invalved i didnt find it justifiable. till now cause i was going down the road normal driving and then the transmission isnt shifting right it shifts hard and has trouble shifting into 3rd the rpm goes down like it should but then shoots back up like it tryed and thought it was in the right gear but wasnt. anyway what do i need besides the shift cables and shifter and the manual trans and to do the clutch. is there differnet wires on auto vs. m/n has anyone done this. thanks for any help.

oh sorry the celica is a 94 gt with the 5sfe
dskater2004
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ May 1, 2006 - 6:18 PM) [snapback]428736[/snapback]

Thanks for the link :-)
tcox22
i want to swap a manual tranny into my celi too, but i might as well wait until i get a 3sgte... kill two birds with one stone. if you have money and you want more power, you might want to do that also.
dskater2004
i really dont have the money but toyota droped the ball on my tranny it only has 110000 just today and it is screwed. i might just get another auto just to get it done but i really want a m/t. Just dint think fully about how much was it was going to take. if i get a stage 1 clutch there is another 300 a good flywheel another 300 and i dont have the time or space to do it myself. i live in apt. and my mom wouldnt let me do it at her house so pretty much i am screwed. Just got the car 3 months ago...payed 3500 cash for it and i dont have anymore money laying around to go put a tranny in it ahhhhhhh stupid car :-(
Chanh55
QUOTE(tcox22 @ May 1, 2006 - 7:02 PM) [snapback]428820[/snapback]

i want to swap a manual tranny into my celi too, but i might as well wait until i get a 3sgte... kill two birds with one stone. if you have money and you want more power, you might want to do that also.

It's really easy to convert your car to manual with the engine out. If you plan on doing a 3sgte swap you might as well wait till then to get your manual, that's what I did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.