Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ST seems to have sprung a leak!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SinisterWhisper
Well I put synthetic in and sure enough I have a leak kindasad.gif Its comming from the forward right corner of the valve cover so should I assume that its just the gasket? If so with the help of a manual and a bit of free time is there reason why I shouldn't try and change it myself? I tore down a v8 a few weeks back in class but I don't have the tools or anyone to look over my shoulder.
TrdKing
first make sure it is your valve cover gasket your oil pressure sensor is right there and they can leak as well.
clean it of and check it later on.

The valve cover gasket should be easy to do IF you have the RIGHT tools and parts. The only thing that holds the valve cover on it the four nuts under the spark plug wires.

If you decide to do it post more on here and we can help out and tell you what to do
SinisterWhisper
well itll be a week or two before I can afford the manual and the gasket since my new job has yet to start, but sure thing though I hope I can do it all in one go since I need my car.
lilsteeg
do it yourself, its simple, i am a self taught 16yr mechanic and have done this on my firebird, 305 small block chevy, and the celica, it is super simple and saves you some $$
bindertch
http://aarc.epnet.com/application/8959/895...to_Begin.htm#T1
There is the book just print the pages you need. Changing the valve cover gasket is easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.