Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i'm not lying i swear!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
98celica3
ok, first off i'm not lying to you guys, why would i lie. ok last night i was going to hickory and this black wrx pulled up beside me. he stayed right beside me for like a 1/2 mile so i looked over at him and he was just staring. i nodded my head, but he just keep on staring, it wasn't an intimidating stare, it was kind of a retarted stare. so i thought he wanted to race, i downshifter to third, let him hear that i was ready and hit it. i took off and he didn't do anything. i was like "ok", so i shifted back into fifth and keep cruising, next thing i know he comes flying by me, gets in front of me and hits his hazards. Yes, the pattended "ricer fly by".
You gotta know, me and my friends hate ricers, so my friend in his SVT Contour pulls by me after him, so i follow.

OK, list of my mods first: 98 GT
Cat back exhaust
DC Sports intake
UR pulley
plugs and wires
Venom VCN 400

The kid in the wrx was NOT a good driver, my friends said he grinded fourth in a highway run, WTF? Also the car was brand new, not even broken in yet, but it was a Five speed.

We took off after him and, I Swear, i pulled on him in third and passed him in fourth. not by much mind you, just barely but i did. we slowed down, and here he came and passed us and hit his hazards again (****)!!!
so we took off after him, we were doing 120mph and i was right behind him, no problems. I could smell the new exhaust burning out. but i was wondering why the hell that thing wasn't faster.

adam
Supersprynt
Maybe it wasnt a WRX and was rally a 2.5RS - WRX really shouldnt be competition for anything besides a GT4.
97sccelica
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Jun 8, 2003 - 9:20 AM)
Maybe it wasnt a WRX and was rally a 2.5RS - WRX really shouldnt be competition for anything besides a GT4.

you mean only a gt4 would be competition for a WRX.

it probably was a real WRX. you have to remember what the car was built to do. it is a rally car and highway flying is not one of its talents. if you guys were at say, 40mph, the fact that the guy had awd did nothing but slow him down. he may have had 227hp but the HP advantage was going to accelorating the dead weight. as for break in times, the might result in a lower HP number but not by much(besides, shouldnt engines be babyed while in break in, what a dumb ass)

point is, even though you have lets say 150hp @ the crank and he has 227@ the crank, you car is smaller, lighter, more aerodynamic, and has a more efficient tranny. that would put the two of you pretty close together as you said you were.

and on highways, the skills of the driver are less important, no launching, just get it in the gear and continue to accelorate
macavely
ok this is my opinion on what happened... they guy in the wrx can't drive...it doesn't matter how fast your car is if you don't know how to use it then its not going to do what it can do...just like this kid i around my job..he has a mustan gt....well when he frist got it i would take him at the light evertime...but after a few weeks..he learned how to drive that monster the right way..now he really makes my celica look slow....
Matthew
it is slow

hahaha

j/k

dont worry 98celica3 there is a guy here that has a white WRX and he can drive kinda good but with the turboed celica running about 20-30hp less than him he gets the jump on me but it doesnt last long because his car is so damn heavy. I mean the car looks cool and sounds mean but its shaped like a box.
98celica3
well, thank you guys for believing me at least. i know the guy couldn't drive for **** and the car should be broken in first, and that the awd will slow him down. i was just expecting to get killed and didn't.
adam
Jason
DUDE OMFG.

Have any of you driven a WRX before? Obviously not. Those things jump to 0-150MPH like we go 0-20MPH. I don't care how unaerodynamic those or how the AWD will slow them down, they'll get slowed down by the AWD around 150MPH, and our car's can't even reach that. I mean seriously, even if they dude can't drive stick, just by pushing the gas pedal he's going to walk you, probably even at half-throttle. If you did indeed race a WRX, i'm sure he wasn't trying to race, thats like making a one legged man fall to the ground.

It was probably a 2.5L Impreza, because i've beaten them on the highway with my ST numerous times.

Not that I don't believe you, but I've test drove 4 different WRX's, and they can seriously haul ass, and I haven't driven stick in 3 years.
redface.gif
bonzaisushi
lol HAve u driven or been in a wrx? bcause my older brother has one and there not all there made out to be. subarus awd system SUCKS ASS... those things dont get off the line as fast as a rwd car or the evo as example... even though the evo has power on it... rexes arent all there made up to be... integra Rs can whoop them ive seen celica gts's whoop them around here..thats just my opnion... i drive in a wrx weekly and hell there sweet cars nuthin lik ehearing a turbo and all that crap... but its better taking corners in a car that was made to take corners than drive in a straight line in a car that wasnt meant to be a demon in a straigh line..... i dunno if ne of that made sense prob not cuz i am half asleep right now but oh well WHO give a ****
Magic
Wrx its just a car with expire day!Trust me,i owned one before my GT-4,WAS FAST LIKE HELL!!!Really fast car but,when the car was starting getting hot then its not pushing like the first run,i mean when i was pushing the WRX the first moments was fine but when was starting to get hot i think event an SS2 can race it. wink.gif So i think you dont lying.
94TRDCeli
damn i dont know what kind of WRX some of you have ridden in or driven but when my friend got his and took me for a ride that mother put me in my seat....that thing aint slow even if it is AWD that guy you raced obviously doensnt know how to drive
Supersprynt
My friend test drove one and was amazed with it - its not nothing - its one of the top import performance cars around, im not saying u didnt beat him, im not saying they havent ever been beaten and had bad days, but damn, the cars got balls and can corner like its on rails.
Jason
WRX STI }-------- <=====8

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

haha sorry. thats just gross.
98celica3
like i said earlier. i swear i'm not lying. i know he guy couldn't drive. he was trying to race though. i thought they were fast as **** too before last night. that is just what happened, i can't really explain it.
adam
Inferno
I agree that it was probably an Impreza 2.5, like someone stated before. I highly doubt it was a WRX. I believe you though.
maikl
i once raced a wrx version 3 and it was realy slow and the next day when i asked some people who new impreza told me that version 3 are bellow 200hp maby the wrx you raced was that version or maybe the 1.6 turbo dont know
98celica3
it was an actual WRX, i could hear it whistel, and anyway i have worked a few 2.5's on the highway very easily
adam
Crzybakerdog
wrx's are fast as hell. dont kid yourself into thinking that he was a bad driver. i got a ride in a brand new one and it is hella fast 200 hp + the guy told me. I work with him so hes not bsing. he paid 24 grand and it might not be worth every penny but that thing could smoke my celica so Theres not much else to say.
prompt
WRX-220hp ... WRX(STi)-300hp

two types
x_itchy_b_x
just tonight i got crap on by one the pick up quick at 80mph. but i was pulling jsut not enough to do anything lol.
Supersprynt
Is this post all screwed up for ne body else? I see my last post on June 3, 2003, and then in 97sccelicas post its the fast reply. wtf?
Mynzeyes
QUOTE (Supersprynt @ Jul 17, 2004 - 10:31 PM)
Is this post all screwed up for ne body else? I see my last post on June 3, 2003, and then in 97sccelicas post its the fast reply. wtf?

user posted image

who in the HELL brought this back up? it's been over a year...unbelievable...
boosted_K2
wow.... wtf... lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.