Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why can't i mount a 3sgte inercooler on
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
x_itchy_b_x
Yeh so some people tell me i can sum people say im just an idiot.... so is it possible... i mean pipes can be bent to do it can't they? thx for the time.
Supersprynt
Do you have a turbo on your 5sfe?
Cuz its kinda pointless if you dont - just get a front mount intake if you want that intercooler look, and the best type of intake.
x_itchy_b_x
i just relized i posted this in the wrong forum... srry
i plan to buy a 3sgte ct-26 turbo, and exhaust manifold and all that. (found a deal)
at the moment i can get a really cheap stock intercooler. yes i know i would have to have a hood scoop for it to be practicle.

also would a 3sgte intake manifold bolt on to a 5sfe? with minor alterations?
jayi12-15psi
the 3s-gte exhaust manifold bolts right up

its a terrible waste of time and money to top mout your intercooler
you will save money with the front mount

just buy a mk3 supra intercooler if moneys an issue
(for me it is)
1bwilson
QUOTE (jayi12-15psi @ Jun 9, 2003 - 9:14 PM)
the 3s-gte exhaust manifold bolts right up

its a terrible waste of time and money to top mout your intercooler
you will save money with the front mount

just buy a mk3 supra intercooler if moneys an issue
(for me it is)

What he said! A top mount is a waist of time and money. If you can get the cooler for dirt cheap then do so and sell it for a profit but other than that its not worth it.

-Bryan-
jayi12-15psi
did you get that manifold and turbo off of e-bay last night?
x_itchy_b_x
i wish. i had all the money. i came home from school to '"buy it now" for $450. then i see this auction has ended with buy it now by someone else... i was mad lol. yeah it happens i guess. biggrin.gif
Junior
The 3sgte intercooler won't fit because it is top mount. In order to get it to fit you'll need to get a GT4 hood, or modify your hood.
1bwilson
The 5sfe valve cover is to small. That is the reason. The 5s is a slave cam head and the 3sgte is a true twin cam head and is a good deal wider than the 5sfe creating the needed room for the cooler to mount to.

-Bryan-
x_itchy_b_x
alright thx guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.