Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Clutch Do You Think is Best?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Killswitch
My clutch is fried and I'm trying to find a new high performance clutch. I'm not sure about the difference between certain brands. Anyone have any input on what kind I should get?
jgreening
What engine, tranny and mods do you have? What is your current hp and your goal? Answer these questions and we can help you.
presure2
if you have a stock or close to stock celica, just get the oem clutch.
the pedal feel on a new OEM clutch is incredible.
when we did dustins, i was AMAZED.
rzanology
i just ordered this one 10 minutes ago smile.gif

ebay link

my cousin is using this one in his 5sfte setup....very nice. Isn't as rough as you would think.
Killswitch
Basically I have a stock 94 Celica GT. I want a clutch that can take some beating. You know like burnouts and all that good stuff. Someone recommended a Stage 1 clutch.
presure2
the stock clutch will hold up fine under stock power...burnouts and all.
Negative
Yeah the only thing is it will cost you more than say an ACT upgraded clutch. That's what I have and I love it. My friend drove it the other day and kept raving about the clutch until he bought one for his Matrix XRS the other day.
presure2
how do you figure?
ACT street disk and PP = ~300$
toyota clutch disk and PP = ~180$
not that i think an upgraded clutch is a bad thing, i have the ACT street setup, and i love it, but if your running stock GT power, why bother?
Negative
Man - they want $300+ for a stock clutch around here. And I got my ACT through a performance shop I get killer deals from and then used my local Toyota dealers discount on top of that so I got mine for around $200.
So yeah I guess for someone else the stock would be cheaper. I wasn't trying to contradict anyway just add my $.02
GTchic98
I have a centerforce clutch , got it from nopi.com for like $180. It's a stage 1 and I love it! My clutch was slipping when I bought my car so I guess I cant really tell you if I felt any difference but my centerforce has taken a beating and I haven't had any problems(my husband has a 94 mustang...cable clutch so after I drive his car and get into my celica I try to put the clutch pedal through the floor:)
CelicaST202
Exedy if you have 3SGTE
playr158
OEM = advanced auto clutch

60$ or sumthing rediculously cheap like that holds very well and feels great i ran one on the track many a times
rzanology
im having my clutch put in right now...should be done by friday. I will let you guys know how it feels. My car guy said something about the clutch has "springs" on it....so it wont be as rough as you think a stage 3 clutch would be...which is good.
rzanology
well my clutch has been in...i've been driving it for 4 days now. its the most amazing thing i've ever felt. It grips in 3-5th gear the way it does in 1st and 2nd. its a bit rough to drive in traffic...but im not really a heavy daily driver. So im all good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.