Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much would this cost? LOOK!!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
TiG4
Ok I got 99 GT, Automatic. How much would everything cost plus a new tranny (if it would be needed) ?
Charlie97L
depends on a lot of things. probably about 4 grand with the tranny swap to manual. you can use a GT tranny.
Pvc99gT
dude, whats "everything"? just a 3sgte? a clip will cost u a few grand and you wont have as many problems, just the engine will cost a lot less, but still a couple grand, and you will need more luck than an average human gets in a lifetime to not have problems if you just get the engine. the trans will bolt up, so you dont NEED a new trans, but if your goin for more power than a stock 3sgte, u should consider rebuilding it or upgrading to a stronger trans. i dont really know if an auto trans is the same as a manual trans when it comes to bolting it up, but i know you need the disc for the GT trans and the flywheel/pressure plate for the 3sgte. maybe for part of your project you should get a manual trans so you can truly experience a 3sgte. look up some info.
Inferno
Just get the clip. I've heard stories about how people just got the engine and tried to locate all the other parts. It will take forever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.