Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what to do
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
massbrandon
thanks again
XS4lv1Truch0x
where's the 3sgte option?
j0e_p3t
i voted for turboing. and don't forget the manual tranny conversion.
Batman722
it is a question of $$ first.

GT-Four front will cost about $1200 for the parts + paint

turboing could get up to $2500+ and then the auto to manual swap.

do you want to look good or just be fast ? that is the question smile.gif
tim86
turbo smile.gif then later you can do some exterior mods
Defgeph
Get fast first, then look good doing it next.
massbrandon
the 3sgte swap is another option. I forgot to put it in the poll though. I just enlisted in the Army and Im getting a 20,000 bonus because I have 4 years prior service and I am going to do infantry. Thats the cash flow that Im working with. I will get 10 up front and the other ten in a few years. Let me know what you guys think now that you know what I have for money
j0e_p3t
full gt-four conversion.... including the awd drivetrain.
snapshotgt
3sgte ALL THE WAY!

~snap
trdproven
Yupp, you have more than enough.
presure2
i vote for YOU doing what YOU want to do, and not what someone, or anyone on here tells you to do. wink.gif
its all about goals, and budget, man.
celicurr
yep, decide on whether you want looks or speed
snapshotgt
QUOTE(celicurr @ Jun 11, 2006 - 9:46 PM) [snapback]443764[/snapback]

woot.gif ...go for both! tongue.gif

~snap
Akimbo
5sfte.

go before show.
Batman722
I am going to go the other route on this one. I vote go for the GT-Four parts first.

my reasoning

The GT-Four front end will add a whole new feeling and appreciation to your car. The looks you will get from other drivers, the random people asking about your car, it's a good feeling (so I have heard). It will be a whole new car to you smile.gif

Wait until you have done enough research to turbo. Then when you have done enough, do more smile.gif turboing is a big investment and a huge amount of understanding is going to be needed. I am not doubting or questioning you knowledge in any way, keep that in mind. Manny is a great resource of info and the more we all learn the better. Also, if your wife is driving and something breaks, comes loose, or pops off there will be a lot of panic and worry.

all in all the choice is yours.
adamgt-4
I find it strange on here as my 1st thoughts are 'sell it and buy a GT4' but i keep forgetting you cant buy them in America.

Is it really expensive to do a full conversion.. ie. 3sgte + AWD + exterior?
thedro
i will always go wit performance befor looks.. but wit 10gs u can do both the turbo and the four front end.. so yeah good luck wit the new project
celicurr
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Jun 11, 2006 - 10:23 PM) [snapback]443786[/snapback]

QUOTE(celicurr @ Jun 11, 2006 - 9:46 PM) [snapback]443764[/snapback]

woot.gif ...go for both! tongue.gif

~snap

I meant which one he wants first LOL biggrin.gif
celicasteve
Buy the gt-4 in orlando, its $16,500..just get a loan for the rest, then sell yours, or keep it.

You would be the most happy with that i would imagine. I mean how many are in the us? 2 including this one? Yeah!!! he can import anything you want, even a curren. He has a pretty nice gts32 for $15,000
http://www.orlandoforums.com/forum/showthr...28&page=1&pp=10

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.