Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What made you buy your celica?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
frosty
I know this question has been asked in many versions before but since there have been quite a few new people who has joined I figured it could be brought up again.

"what made you buy your celica?"

I bought mine because I enjoyed the body curves and the fact that it would be rare for me to see them out on the road.

Honestly, I don't know how I got into toyotas though. My whole family drove nissans as I grew up. ( I wouldn't mind having a nissan 300zx though biggrin.gif . Another rare car to see on the road, for me anyways)
GT4WRC
It's a GT-Four. What other reason would I need laugh.gif
Gary
Culpable04
I bought mine because of toyota realibility, nice looking sport car, afordable and because I love going to the movie theater and not confused my car with 30 others.
ILuvMyCelica95
Its an auto ST what more reason did I need?!

um wait... wtf... why did i buy this car?... i like to be made fun of?

no that wasnt it...

I like being passed by old women who drive neons?

no... Oh yeah i didnt have a car lol and its pretty
jdg371
I had a 91 Celica GT Coupe.. Sold it for 2100 Bought my 97 Celica ST for 3000... Wait i downgraded.. from GT Auto to 5sp ST... what a rip off!!!

I love the curves.. and I had a big head I wanter to convert it to a GT4.. Now all I want is a 7AGE or a V6 for it
hurley97
QUOTE(GT4WRC @ Jun 14, 2006 - 2:52 PM) [snapback]444584[/snapback]

It's a GT-Four. What other reason would I need laugh.gif
Gary

haha laugh.gif
gooood answer!

i had wanted one but two years ago with a budget of 5 grand i couldnt find one without dents in it. i was about to buy a honda (96 prelude) when it was sold and appearing in its place to save me was my 97 ST auto...was either that or another honda (96 accord kindasad.gif even worse)

according to kbb my celica was worth about 7,600 at the time but (being at an auto auction) i got it for 5,400 biggrin.gif
came close to being a honda owner rolleyes.gif
Culpable04
^^ you gotta thanks the Gods of the Olympus for saving your soul.
playr158
it was free? free cars r good cars
hurley97
QUOTE(playr158 @ Jun 14, 2006 - 3:51 PM) [snapback]444603[/snapback]

it was free? free cars r good cars

u talking to me? lol
if you were then the prelude was around the same price (5 grand) but someone bought it before me and the accord was 6,900

and yes...i thank the gods for my celica every time i see an accord tongue.gif
95celgt
lets see...:

95 GT Convertible: I was in 8th grade at the time, i wanted something flashy, and fast(<--haha). the guy who had it thought it was gonna need alot of work so he sold it to my dad for a great deal and I immediately started working on it, I love that car.

94 STX coupe: my dad had bought me an 86' RX7 as a project car for my 16th b-day and within a year, I got that FC to be quite a fast car at the races, my friend liked it, and I wanted something a bit more practical so we did even trade!!! I was sad, but oh well, the ST was still fun to drive, was a coupe(big ++),and i fixed it up a bit. Now it belongs to my friend mike.

94 GT Hatch:Well, around the time I had sold the STX, I had decided to put all of th money into the Vert, then i noticed Chanh55's post and immediately had to jump on it. So when I was running out of time to get all the money, my brother offered to give me the remaining amount I needed as long as I lent his fiance my convertible until he starts paying for the RSX this december. BAM! I was the new proud owner of the swapped celi.

Summary:I have always wanted a 6gc since 1997 when i saw a red 25th anny. limited edition ST hatch at the dealer, i just loved the way looked so im a Celica enthusiast....but after owning 3 of them, im wondering if its time to move on......who knows?
LewFX
ive always wanted a celica, got a job, had decent credit, rolled by a toyota dealership, took her for a spin, played the game for a few hours, drove off with her.
Magic
Having a Honda Prelude 2.2 Vtec (1994 JDM model) was something ordinary in Cyprus,after that i wanted to move to a 4WD Turbo car and i choose Impreza Version 4 but it was not what i really needed.Looking for something unique,a legend that i always wanted to have,i ended up with my GT4 smile.gif
Now we have 4 Celicas in my family, 2 x ST183,1 x ST202 and my ST205 smile.gif i was the last one from my family that i bought my Celica,it seems that i didnt have any choice..hahahaha
j0e_p3t
its just so sexy. like love at first sight. i didn't even know what kinda car it was. for a split second, i was even one of those who mistake it for a supra. then i found it on gran turismo 3. became my favorite car to play with. then i grew up and just had to buy one.
Griff
saw it at a military sale lot, and said OMG its beautiful...no way i could afford that, it already had rims (which i later replaced) blacked out brights, side skirts, and a awesome black finish...looked at the tag, and talked the guy down after i noticed the price was actually reasonable.

i almost passed it up tho, cause his starting was 6900, and i was like, nice, but to much...im so glad i went back to get that #.
celicak
they're sexy!!
azian_advanced
long story.. i started to know more about celica's when my dad bought his 89 Celica GT-S about 6-7 years ago, we were a 'toyota only' family. then after playing gran turismo i noticed there was a gt-four version of the celica. when i turned 14, i taught myself how to drive stick (didn't know anything about the 3rd pedal ie. clutch).. when i turned 15 my dad started teaching me on his car, i got my license at 16 then the car became mine at 17. i did a few mods like shaved door handles, stereo upgrade, lowered with apexi springs and full body work. then got into an accident on an icy day (only about $500 damage) but the insurance company wanted it written off. got the 3grand that it was worth and bought a 5th gen gt-s at 19. then my sis needed a car so i sold it to her and a month later i found my beloved red 6th gen at a salvage auction.. and now i'm 20 and getting closer and closer to owning a gt-four.. (~3 more years...)
BBoYRuGGeD
cuz i always wanted one biggrin.gif

bboy
CelicaST202
i needed a daily driver and i was lucky enough to purchase the 94 ST 40k miles for $1000 through my friend. My whole family owns Toyotas and later on i will sell my Nissan, so i can get a Lexus.
crismillencolin
bought it kinda by mistake.... pffftt....e-bay biggrin.gif
trdproven
I actually just wanted any Toyota sports car. I did not expect my celica. My dad said I'm going to buy the celica and I did not want it (He loves the 6gc and also the older supra, his two favorite sporty cars). He still came home with the celica and I still did not like it. I felt like I wanted to get another car. When I first got into 6gc.net, I realized there's much more to this car than there really is. I love my car now and I don't plan on selling it soon, it is unique. Everyone looks at my car now. I thank everyone here for opening my eyes. If this site never was here, I would have never had hope for my celica. Thanks again everyone, this community is by far the best. The information here is priceless. Everyone else where I live who has a celica and is not on this website (actually I'm the only one) does not know where to get anything for their celica because they never saw this site. Feel proud everyone, you guys all have the nicest celica model to ever come out.
CelicaGT04
Well i bought my car when i was in the "ricer" scene and didnt know the slightest thing about engine mechanics, much less car mechanics. So when my father and i went to carmax (My sister was the GM so i got a steal on any car in the lot) , i test drove many cars and to my dissapointment did not want any of them. So we were about to leave and i saw the toyota celica and got in it, did not even test drive it and i knew that i wanted it. (Then i thought it looked fast so i figured, "It must be fast") I soon found the true potential of my celica, heh what a suprise it was! So i was still in the "ricer" scene and still tried to race cars and sometimes i would win. Then i found this great site and read about engine mechanics and for some weird reason made me RESPECT my car and the mechanics that drive it and so i stoped racing and driving it hard. I have been reading up on this site every night for the past year, reading and re-reading topics and stickys so i can swap a 3sgte engine into my car. Hopefully everything will work for me.. Thats my story!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.