Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trans/Clutch/Vac issue
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Bigmeanbulldog55
I've had some issues with my transmissions (2) and clutches (3) in this car before. I think I may be on to something now though. I notice that the car only has shifting problems while shifting at low rpms. And I also notice that the car seems to brake a little weak if I don't keep rpms high enough. And, if I am having trouble getting the car to go into gear, I rev it up a couple times and it will go. I know that the clutch and the brake cylinder are one in the same. Now, my question is, how should I go about it from here? If it's a vac leak, I would expect a higher regular rpm. I don't think a master cylinder would just mostly work for this long, it would just brake, right? Before I just go at it, does anyone have any ideas? Thank guys.
Bigmeanbulldog55
Come on experts. Don't everyone leave me hanging on this one. I haven't the money to hit and miss.
Bigmeanbulldog55
bump
Bigmeanbulldog55
lol, I can't believe no one knows this. I'm going to have to just tear into the motor and find if there are any leaks, and if not, I'll have to buy a brake booster thing. Anyone have any advice on a brake booster?
expedition2166
if it were a vac leak you would have a noticeable idle quality issue and normaly youll have the service engine soon lamp on due to a lean condition sensed by the 02 sensor as far as the shifting goes if your trying to shift at tooooo low an rpm the syncronzers will actually have to speed up the next gear instead of slowing it enough for engagement not too sure of the issue your haveing but maybe it wil help some
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(expedition2166 @ Jun 25, 2006 - 2:12 PM) [snapback]448690[/snapback]

if it were a vac leak you would have a noticeable idle quality issue and normaly youll have the service engine soon lamp on due to a lean condition sensed by the 02 sensor as far as the shifting goes if your trying to shift at tooooo low an rpm the syncronzers will actually have to speed up the next gear instead of slowing it enough for engagement not too sure of the issue your haveing but maybe it wil help some

I'm pretty sure it's not a vac leak at this point. I don't have idiol issues at all. I think it's a problem with my master cylinder. I'm looking to get a brake booster to help keep pressure up. That will enable me to stop reving my engine all the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.