Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New owner, already got a little dirty
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
XCSkierFreak
I bought a '94 GT two weeks ago, replaced a wheel bearing and both rear calipers, which was fine, I got it for a lot less than it was worth, and I've still spent less than I originally intended on shelling out for a car.

The previous owner did a lot of interior ricer mods to it, but his wiring and layout wasn't worth crap. Now I get to sort out all sorts of lighting goodies I didn't even see when I bought the car.

All in all, the car runs like a dream, I'll be doing some more parts replacement over the summer, and this seems to be the place to ask questions about the 6th Gen.
j0e_p3t
welcome. all your questions and so much more can be answered here. add some pics of your ride.
ILuvMyCelica95
hello and welcome smile.gif nice to hear you are de-ricing the celi smile.gif
JFrost9
Take some pics man, show off that new (12 year old) ride! Glad to see your liking it, it can be rough sometimes when you buy a car and immediatley have to start fixing things. I know it was for me.
XCSkierFreak
Yeah, I wasn't exactly pleased when I found out what was failing, especially when the mechanic who checked it out gave me an itemized quote for the work that needs to be done, work that should be done, and work that can wait but could be done now anyway. Grand total of $1800.

I've spent less than $400 doing what otherwise would have cost me $1250. And now I know how to put E-brake shoes back together smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.