Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG!!!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Chrobis
Seeing that I live here in southern california I decided it was time to check out the fabled toysport. Well after a half hour of looking for it, passing it several times I finaly see that it is a very small type of building and very unmarked. (I was figuring to pass by and see a huge blinking neon sign with "TOYSPORT")

Well after seeing a chopped up mr2 and a 5th gen alltrac with no engine as I walk in I make it to the actual indoor shop area. There are parts everywhere with 2 celica's (i think either 3rd or 4th gens's, right in the middle of the shop) Well it is cluttered like crazy, I mean there was stuff everywhere. Well I inquire about an ss-III clip and a very nice gentleman takes me out to the garage part. The first thing he shows me is an mr2 they are working on, they are swapping a BRAND NEW BLACK TOP 3S-GE!!!! I almost wet my pants right there! Well he proceeds to show me a 3s-gte out of a caldina, another brand new 3s-ge (he let me check all the oil resoivers and they were spotless) a dual vvt-i toyota altezza engine, and several other very very very beautiful engines. Also in the back of the shop there lies a gt-4, mind you that the engine is not there as they are selling it, and he go's on to tell me how they were taking an engine off of a shelf and the hoist tipped and smashed the hood and bumper frown.gif ... But it had the projecter and clear high beams, jdm tails, raising posts on the spoiler, and even the original wheels, the suspension system, and a bunch of other stuff! He said the front lights would be $1000, jdm tails would be like 170 a piece, and the hood and bumper would be like 1200!!!! Leather seats would be around $600.... umm what else..... Oh there was just to much to remeber, all those beautiful engines clouding my mind, it was toyota heaven!!!

edit: Also for a BRAND NEW 3s-ge with labor he said would be around 5k, a 3rd gen swap would run around $4500, and a 2nd gen would run about $3500, all installed!!!! Anyone want to lend me $5k???
coustoe
did he say how he imported the gt4 in to the US?
Chrobis
:-/ i didnt ask frown.gif sorry... they were kinda in the process of closing up for the night.
FallenHero
That sounds like the greatest wet dreeam ever!:)
Matthew
ok i am confused...

a 3s-ge non turbo 170-180hp for 5K installed

but a 3rd gen 3s-gte turbo 255hp for 4500 installed???

why the hell would you get a 3s-ge???

and dont say just to turbo it cuz it will blow to hell with anything above 12 psi or so.,...the compression on those things are like 12 :1 or something....the 3s-gte is lik 8 or 8.5:1

if you dont know the lower the compression the better if you are adding boost.
97sccelica
im gonna have to go to toysport.
Sh0gunkid8721
QUOTE (GT2GT4 @ Jun 13, 2003 - 11:46 PM)
ok i am confused...

a 3s-ge non turbo 170-180hp for 5K installed

but a 3rd gen 3s-gte turbo 255hp for 4500 installed???

why the hell would you get a 3s-ge???

and dont say just to turbo it cuz it will blow to hell with anything above 12 psi or so.,...the compression on those things are like 12 :1 or something....the 3s-gte is lik 8 or 8.5:1

if you dont know the lower the compression the better if you are adding boost.

maybe because of emissions?
Mage
did he mean 3rd gen 3sgte or 3rd gen 3s-ge? is there a 4th gen (ie, 'brand new') 3s-ge?
Inferno
I think he was talking 3S-GE.
Milds3vn
Maybe some people would just rather all motor but uhh...sure as hell isnt me...sweet turbo mmmmm
Matthew
ya i dont get it...why would you pay 5 grand for a 3s-ge when 500 bucks less can get you a 3s-gte???
boosted_K2
QUOTE (GT2GT4 @ Jun 14, 2003 - 12:59 PM)
ya i dont get it...why would you pay 5 grand for a 3s-ge when 500 bucks less can get you a 3s-gte???

b/c the 3sge is brand new, 0 miles.
Inferno
Amen.
Matthew
QUOTE (K2_Celica @ Jun 14, 2003 - 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (GT2GT4 @ Jun 14, 2003 - 12:59 PM)

b/c the 3sge is brand new, 0 miles.

oh

must not have seen the big capital letters that he used when he said BRAND NEW

i still would get the 3s-gte.

but for all-motor that would be pretty sweet.
Chrobis
the 3s-ge was a brand new black top!!!! YES 0 MILES!!! and a black top puts out close to 210 not 170-180.... All the 3s-gte's were used and for a used 3s-ge he was saying would be like 3500-4000 and the used 3s-gte (out of a caldina, kinda a 4th gen 3s-gte) would be 4500.
funks
i'm interested, is toysport doing this mostly for non-california peeps?

if they are doing it for california peeps, how are they able to keep it legal?

G
Chrobis
I asked about emisions, and he said for one of the engines, I cant remember which one, it has a bracket for an egr, he basically said he could mickey-mouse it, but basically on emisions your on your own.

I.E. bribe the smog guy.....
Rivo
Yup, bribe the smog guy. That's what I'm gonna have to do if I stay in Cali for more than 2 years with my BEAMS.

BTW: The Blacktop 3sge had to have been out of an Altezza, and be RWD. 4th gen 3S-GE's are the BEAMS version, that's what the dual vvti means. Blacktop = 210 hp Redtop = 200 hp.
Chrobis
i dont think the engine was necisarily out of anything, it was brand new... and I actually think alot of the newer engines were be taken off of motor boats or were to be used for motorboats.... he said something about it.
Rivo
lol, I don't think they used a 4cyl engine in a motorboat. And if it was brand new, then that's amazing, considering I believe they stopped making them. But anything's possible I suppose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.