Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check up time!
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Akira_g4
Alright ive got one question. since my last maintenance check at toyota ive added Indiglo gauges, a injen intake and a magnaflow muffler to my celica. Now its almost time for another check and so im wondering if its ok to go back to an authorized toyota dealership with these 3 mods. will they not check it since it has aftermarket parts on it? a friend of mine said they might not and that toyota charges too much for the maintenance checks. so should i go to a authorized toyota dealership or go to another nonauthorized toyota place. theres this place about 5 minutes away that work on just toyota's so im wondering now would it be better to go there instead of toyota? sorry hope this all made sense.
Akira_g4
anybody?
Glitch001
im not sure what your asking, mods are mods they will work around them. Dont go to dealers, they dont know how to work on the cars correctly. What do you need done?
Akira_g4
just like a check on the car. im not a big car guy, so i cant do everything myself. just make sure everything is working right, fluids arent low. just a normal check up like every 5k-10k miles. do u know what i mean? i just dont want to be driving one day and the car just dies on me cuz i didnt take it in.
Dee-No
1. You can do with your car what you want so nobody will care about your mods
2. Toyota Dealerships should know your car the best but they're also expensive
3. Just go to a serious looking no name garage. It's much cheaper and they'il also use orginal toyota parts
Glitch001
dont go to Stealerships, just go to a good shop ask fellow car tuners. No one will care about your mods, but if your not throwing codes, smoke, or oil its really no big deal. But ya just ask around on their preferences and be careful some cali shops are prone to lying and ripping kids off. (not guessing your a kid, just incase)
Akira_g4
alright cool. ill definitely check out some places. thanks for all your help guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.