Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injen Intakes
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
TRDDawg
How much hp did u gain? What is the pipe diameter? What is the total length of the Injen CAI?
snadman
Considering the fact that the intake opening is 2.5" I'd say that's the diameter. I'm not sure how long it is, but it fits perfectly so you shouldn't need to worry. I don't know how much I gained, probably nto too much. The growl from it is what I like.
TRDDawg
anyone else have it?
HyperDeathKill
Yea, I'd say maybe 2 or 3 to the wheels, maybe 5 corrected. But I love the sound it makes, and I love the bling factor of opening up the hood and seeing it. So maybe you'd say your car had 140 instead of 135. Anyway, it's a great mod, easy to do, a good place to jump in, and a definite must if your going to go further.
celicaBEst
how much do these usually go for? 140ish? right now all i have is just a cone filter instead of the damn restrictive airbox.

-Brian
XSTeknique
Um...try a little over $200, you can find it cheaper elsewhere, but that's the MSRP anyway. It's a great, high quality intake though. Fits the GT and ST and the new ones even have the CARB number on it. There's a pic of it on my 6GC page if you'd like to see it.
HyperDeathKill
www.racerwheel.com Cheepest prices I've seen, and shipping was quick and nice.
TRDDawg
QUOTE (HyperDeathKill @ Jun 17, 2003 - 5:32 PM)
Yea, I'd say maybe 2 or 3 to the wheels, maybe 5 corrected. But I love the sound it makes, and I love the bling factor of opening up the hood and seeing it. So maybe you'd say your car had 140 instead of 135. Anyway, it's a great mod, easy to do, a good place to jump in, and a definite must if your going to go further.

Can you even feel the hp? Is it loud?
Stipt
Mine just makes a kind hissing sound and then a sucktion sound with it grabbin air. I dun think you can really feel it, although, I did my Greddy Exhaust and intake at the same time....so I did notice a difference cuz I had both.
snadman
Reset the ECU and you feel a slight difference in higher RPMs. I got mine for 180 at a local race shop. Look at Injen's dealer page and you might find one close to you which would cut out shipping.
claudio
When the stock box and filter are out and replaced with the injen, what happens to all those wires and tubes that seemed to be supported by the stock box?
claudio
Oh and doesn't the filter get a lot dirtier quicker cause there's a lot of dust on the exterior of my stock filter box right now. I know the filter can be cleaned. Can I just hose it or do I need special cleaning stuff?
HyperDeathKill
You need special cleaning stuff, you also need to spray it with filter oil before you install it. I got my filter spray oil, plus cleaning stuff together for like $15. Clean it whenever you like, notice a film on it. You can feel the HP but keep in mind it is very small. And you can hear the sound definitly.

Some of those wires like the 02 sensor, go back into the injen intake. You'll see where they go, the instructions are good. Everything just toss, or keep incase you want to go back to stock sometime.
Mage
I have one, I noticed almost absolutely nothing in terms of speed. Glad I only paid 70 bucks (got it used).
HyperDeathKill
Well yea, but then again no intake is going to get you HUGE gains. $100 for a few horse is a pretty good deal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.