Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i dont know what to do
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Stueck
yeah, so loss of brakes and wet surface is not good frown.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

basically the car is totaled:(frown.giffrown.gif needs new rear and front bumper, pass tail light, passenger quarter panel, and may have a bent frame.

is there any hope left in it? here is some history, it was my sisters car, 150k miles on it, auto ST 1994. drives like a charm but sips a little bit of oil between changes. bought it in great condition for 1000$. her Boyfriend has a crude shop (its no where near ready to be opened, but he has many supplies/tools already), so his father, him, and i can all try to fix it (even the welding for the panel). would you consider this worth it?
b1gr3d
it can be fixed.replace the ft bumper and fender, take it to a frame shop, have them take some measurements and if it needs to be pulled then have it pulled, then go to the alignment shop...replace the quarter. prices vary. but it will prob cost more than the car was purchased for BUT you got a HELL of a buy for it
Stueck
QUOTE(b1gr3d @ Jul 8, 2006 - 3:22 PM) [snapback]453444[/snapback]

it can be fixed.replace the ft bumper and fender, take it to a frame shop, have them take some measurements and if it needs to be pulled then have it pulled, then go to the alignment shop...replace the quarter. prices vary. but it will prob cost more than the car was purchased for BUT you got a HELL of a buy for it

yeah i love the car, love the lines more than my protege (but the pro still wins tongue.gif)

justin (my sisters bf) has a frame machine and everything i need to fix it. but if im going to fix it completely, i am giving it a new paint job and everything. i read somewhere about how you can do it yourself for around 50$ (and no not for the flat black spray can). link if i can find it
WH95TE
I'd say see how much its going to cost you to fix everything, if its worth it go for it.
Stueck
QUOTE(WH95TE @ Jul 8, 2006 - 3:50 PM) [snapback]453452[/snapback]

I'd say see how much its going to cost you to fix everything, if its worth it go for it.

i just hope its no more than 1500, if it is, then i might as well part it out...
b1gr3d
QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 8, 2006 - 2:55 PM) [snapback]453454[/snapback]

QUOTE(WH95TE @ Jul 8, 2006 - 3:50 PM) [snapback]453452[/snapback]

i just hope its no more than 1500, if it is, then i might as well part it out...

NEG on that.
1st- you couls use this as an oppritunity to get a body kit INSTEAD of getting stock front and rears...
2nd- get a quarter off of a car in the junkyard..cheaper than NEW one
3rd- paint depends on brand ...clear will cost around 75.00 for a gallon and activator
4th- its a TOYOTA with 150k...you might have another 200k left in it!

IMO build it. or atleast built it THEN sell it. garentee that you would get more than 2.5k out of it
daazndood
a new quarter panel professionally done will cost you over 2000 dollors.

IPB Image

thats my brothers old integra. the quote was like 2,200 or something.

i think your best bet would be to sell the car right now and add more money to it and get another car. he was able to sell that integra for over 1,500 when it had 150k miles on it.
MaskedMan
ok nvm.
rayneezy23
sorry about your car i hope you get it fix
b1gr3d
QUOTE(daazndood @ Jul 8, 2006 - 4:03 PM) [snapback]453484[/snapback]

a new quarter panel professionally done will cost you over 2000 dollors.

IPB Image

thats my brothers old integra. the quote was like 2,200 or something.

i think your best bet would be to sell the car right now and add more money to it and get another car. he was able to sell that integra for over 1,500 when it had 150k miles on it.

well like he said its NOT getting done professionally and to be honest, if he lived closer, I would buy it and build it up then sell her...make some $$
Stueck
QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Jul 8, 2006 - 5:06 PM) [snapback]453487[/snapback]

ok nvm.

i cant just pluck a QP off a junkyard car, i am cutting most of it away
MaskedMan
QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 8, 2006 - 10:08 PM) [snapback]453566[/snapback]

ok nvm.

haha why did you quote me? haha.

Anyways, i hope you get your car fixed. smile.gif
Stueck
QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Jul 9, 2006 - 12:12 AM) [snapback]453568[/snapback]

ok nvm.

i have no clue, i cant figure forums for crap tongue.gif

i hope it gets fixed too, atleast now i can get my kit (if i dont get a bike instead )
MaskedMan
QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 8, 2006 - 10:52 PM) [snapback]453584[/snapback]

QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Jul 9, 2006 - 12:12 AM) [snapback]453568[/snapback]

ok nvm.

i have no clue, i cant figure forums for crap tongue.gif

i hope it gets fixed too, atleast now i can get my kit (if i dont get a bike instead )

haha it's alright, i just messed up a post, and then i saw you quoted me hahaa.

atleast your alright man.

a bike wouldnt be bad, i've considered getting one too smile.gif
b1gr3d
QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 8, 2006 - 11:08 PM) [snapback]453566[/snapback]

ok nvm.

lol yheah you can. just tell the people at the yard that you need the quarter and they will sawzall the area AROUND it and you pick it up...that or you go sawzall it...cheaper that way
Stueck
QUOTE(b1gr3d @ Jul 9, 2006 - 8:12 AM) [snapback]453629[/snapback]

QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 8, 2006 - 11:08 PM) [snapback]453566[/snapback]

ok nvm.

lol yheah you can. just tell the people at the yard that you need the quarter and they will sawzall the area AROUND it and you pick it up...that or you go sawzall it...cheaper that way

this car was dented pretty bad, the fender was rubbing on the rear tire, and i could hardly bend it back with the wheel bolt remover, so i had to get the spare out... too bad the jack got wedged in there, the body is semi crumbled. more pics in a few.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.