Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: magnaflow muffler
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
KB-2
so i was thinking about orferign a new magnaflow muffler for my gt, and was jsut wondering what i need to do to get it installed. do i jsut take it somewhere and have them weld it on??or do i need to get soem new pipes as well? im pretty much a noob w/ this...so someone help me
Valo666
i just got a magnaflow 14814 muffler poped on my car..i already had my exhuast done with a canister b4, and they had to completely re-bent the exhaust piping over the rear cross member. Most likely, your gonna have to take it to and exhaust shop and get them to bend it up. it cost me $100 to get it installed with the piping.
KB-2
hmm....well i jsut have the stock exhaust on it right now....im dont know a whole lot about all this.....but cant they jsut take off the current muffler, and put the new one on??.....i was actully looking at that exact muffler...how is it??
Jaws4God
I have a magna flow and I went to a shop and had them weld on a cat back 2 1/4" with a matching resonator. Sounds great! Paid 120 for it.

You can have just the muffler installed, i had my first muffler, arospeed, installed before and the exhaust shop made a custom pipe that runs from the connection (above the rear axel to the muffler.. that was $60.

but I recommend the cat back, does help sound and performance.

Arospeed (Muffler only)
IPB Image

Magnaflow Cat Back
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.