Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 Speed Manual Transmission
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
WALKER
I was just reading and found out that the Altezza RS200 came with a 3SGE engine and a 6 speed manual transmission.

Could this 6 speed manual transmission be used in the Celica, or would it be complicated due to the Altezza being RWD and Celica being FWD?

I suppose to add to that it is probably extremely difficult to find an Altezza transmission.

Just wanted to throw that out there and see what peoples thoughts and knowledge were.

Thanks.
David
MaskedMan
well the Altezza 3sge is different than the ones that were used in Celicas for, Altezza's used the blacktop 3sge, and celicas had the red top. The red top has VVT-i, and the black top has DUAL VVT-i.

The transmission from the altezza cannot be used becuase it is a RWD transmission and would not work on our celica frown.gif
burneeed
I dont even know where to start.......

The beams 3sge 6spd trans on that is is a rwd platform. Not going to work.
Fastbird
Unless you mated it to a 3S-GTE and converted the car to RWD, right?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif That's a niiiiice idea.
Rayme
QUOTE(Fastbird @ Jul 10, 2006 - 10:29 PM) [snapback]454277[/snapback]
Unless you mated it to a 3S-GTE and converted the car to RWD, right?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif That's a niiiiice idea.

Yes but the engine is facing the wrong direction lol...
tomazws
I'm not familiar with Toyota Matrix, but Pontiac Vibe has a 6-speed manual FWD transmision. You might want to look into that.

edit:
Had a brief search online and found the Aisin BC16 6-Speed Transverse FWD Transmission
http://carlife.carview.co.jp/UserCarPhoto....arPhotoID=49483
Stueck
QUOTE(tomazws @ Jul 10, 2006 - 10:08 PM) [snapback]454332[/snapback]

I'm not familiar with Toyota Matrix, but Pontiac Vibe has a 6-speed manual FWD transmision. You might want to look into that.

edit:
Had a brief search online and found the Aisin BC16 6-Speed Transverse FWD Transmission

matrix XRS has a 6speed
behindthesmile
QUOTE(Stueck @ Jul 10, 2006 - 11:15 PM) [snapback]454335[/snapback]

QUOTE(tomazws @ Jul 10, 2006 - 10:08 PM) [snapback]454332[/snapback]

edit:

matrix XRS has a 6speed

true but putting the engine on our cars will take alot of work.... i think the solaras are 6 speed with the 1mzfe which is possible to put in our cars
WALKER
Well thanks.

I am aware of all the other possibilities as they have been discussed many times. I just had not heard anything about this one. Now I know why!
burneeed
yes the matrix does.... but the bellhousing doesnt match up.. ... its the same trans as the 7th gen 6spd.

Solaras are all 5spd E153's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.