Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 07-16-06 TSCC AutoX: Celica vs ALL
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jdg371
This is my second event. Me, my brother (Jommel-MKIII MR2), Corey (Corolla) and his dad Kieth hit up the loca AutoX event once more. The day was hot.. blazing hot tarmac and the smell of race rubber.

I ran a 71.768 as my fastest.. this was from my 90.475, Great day and it was alot of fun.. My Celi got alot of comments.. because its the stockest car in there lol

Heres the result (Im #49)

http://www.throttlehorseracing.com/fourwhl...Y06_RESULTS.htm

the # 98 Civic was one of those swapped ones.. EG Hatch with some JDM engine.. he claims 160whp... Hehe.. Who would think my little 100CRANKhp car would be him!

The other Celica was a 7GC GTS with Hotchkis(sp?) suspension setup.. I thought he would beat me by at least 5sec..

Ill post up a vid later.. with more commentarys from my friends lol
Consynx
you beat a teg and a couple cooper S's
GJ!
jdg371
I wish I could have taken some incar videos
Im still in the process of fabricating one hopefully in the next event
Culpable04
what suspencion mods you have ?

congrats !
our celicas are great in handling but without skill they won't get too far, you have some skills. use them wisely. smile.gif
elvasoshexai
i wish we had autox in canada...toronto... the tracks we have are too far away for me =/
jdg371
no suspension except for the tires. Im still running in the stock classes.. the sucky part is that the Cooper S is also in my class! and those things are killer in a short course
bloodrain
my friend loves to autox in his s2000, wins alot too.
lumbercis
QUOTE(jdg371 @ Jul 16, 2006 - 7:11 PM) [snapback]456967[/snapback]

the # 98 Civic was one of those swapped ones.. EG Hatch with some JDM engine.. he claims 160whp... Hehe.. Who would think my little 100CRANKhp car would be him!

How is he running in a stock class if he is engine swapped? Sorry I don't know much about autocross. Seems a little odd to me that a celica is in the same class as a BMW M3, Subaru WRX STI, and VW R32? Not to mention the Cooper S and Miata.

What exactly are you allowed to modify in "stock" class?

J.
jdg371
The swapped Civic is in STS or Street Tuned, actually 99% of all swapped cars are put in SM- Street Modified

My class is GS(N) - N for Novice
In a stock class the only upgrades you can have are what came stock in your car.

The Letters in the Left side indicate which class you are in.
sinner96ST
grats... handling is one of those things our cars can do extremely well, even if we fall flat in a straight line.

twisties are more fun, anyway. good job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.