Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me spend 400$
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jcbass7
ok so i have an extra 400 that i can't seem to find the best way to spend it..
It is obviously going into my car.

I am very close to finishing my 3sgte swap and was thinking on buying a 7th gen short shifter and possibly some other stuff??

Anyone have any ideas? i probably need a boost controller, but if i buy one i want to buy a good one.

i guess i just need some ideas from the folks at home

fire away
pure_dx
dude, just give it to me, i'm a starving college student, give it to me then your worries about where to spend it on the car will be gone tongue.gif
jcbass7
QUOTE(pure_dx @ Jul 19, 2006 - 4:29 PM) [snapback]458248[/snapback]

dude, just give it to me, i'm a starving college student, give it to me then your worries about where to spend it on the car will be gone tongue.gif

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

ok well i bought the short shifter, that leaves 360$

i think i want to get brass bushings from speedsource for the linkage at the tranny since my rubber is falling apart... thats another 28$ gone if i do
WannabeGT4
apexi avcr
jcbass7
wow that is a nice boost controller. I actually need to get more money now to get that lol
playr158
forge MBC for 36$ is a good investment
a forge diverter valve (like a blow off except recirculates) for 135$
IPB Image

a FMIC setup would be a good investment as well if you don't already have plans for that
jcbass7
i do have plans for fmic but i wanted to wait until i change my front end to the gt4 stuff

and i don't have enough time for a while to do the FMIC
XS4lv1Truch0x
sound system!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
DamDirtyApes
a payment on a new car

or a nice cd player
airfron
an expensive/fun night out at the local "high class" strip joint biggrin.gif

or

springs... unless you already have them in that case sway bars, and if you have those too how bout... tires to handle your increased power, with only 300 maybe just the front two tires
snapshotgt
Suspension.
brianforster
traction bars!
jcbass7
well im under the impression i want to get the Super street coilovers.. but thats about 1200.00

but when the 3s is running and i sell my coupe ill have around 3g to throw around which is where ill buy rims tires and the coilovers.
Akimbo
Take a girl out to dinner.
rzanology
clutch...stage 3
tomazws
QUOTE(Akimbo @ Jul 20, 2006 - 9:14 AM) [snapback]458557[/snapback]

Take a girl out to dinner.

That must be a really expensive dinner. tongue.gif
jcbass7
My Gf read this thread so it looks like i'm taking her out to dinner now haha, so lets say i have 250 left to spend...

^ i just bought a 400$ spec stage two clutch for my swap about a month ago so a stage three makes no sense at the moment
jcbass7
ok so i had to buy a good sauldering iron and a digital multimeter so now its "help me spend 285$"

and that includes me taking a girl out to dinner (cash in my wallet, the 285 is in my bank)

maybe a fuel pressure regulator..
snapshotgt
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Jul 19, 2006 - 10:43 PM) [snapback]458388[/snapback]

Suspension.

rolleyes.gif
Projektminisupra
QUOTE(snapshotgt @ Jul 20, 2006 - 5:41 PM) [snapback]458721[/snapback]

Suspension.

rolleyes.gif

agreed... with added power comes the need for added handling... no one here wants to see a sexy celi bite it.
jcbass7
QUOTE(Projektminisupra @ Jul 20, 2006 - 5:53 PM) [snapback]458724[/snapback]

Suspension.

rolleyes.gif

agreed... with added power comes the need for added handling... no one here wants to see a sexy celi bite it.

Hmm maybe suspension biggrin.gif lol

so what can i get for about 300?
snapshotgt
QUOTE(jcbass7 @ Jul 20, 2006 - 6:26 PM) [snapback]458730[/snapback]

QUOTE(Projektminisupra @ Jul 20, 2006 - 5:53 PM) [snapback]458724[/snapback]

Suspension.

rolleyes.gif

Hmm maybe suspension biggrin.gif lol

so what can i get for about 300?

I don't know your list of suspension mods, but you could get:

1.) sway bars
2.) springs
3.) 3 point front strut tower brace
4.) gt4 rear strut tower brace etc
5.) And more....

~snap
jcbass7
i am planning to go straight to Tien Super street coilovers when i sellt he coupe.

I would LOVE to get J-Speed 3 point front and 3 point rear strut tower braces. that would make me a happy camper, but isn't it difficult to locate j-speed braces?

i could always buy some suspension techniques sway bars, those are a nice option for the amount i have to toss around right now
airfron
QUOTE(jcbass7 @ Jul 20, 2006 - 4:45 PM) [snapback]458742[/snapback]

i could always buy some suspension techniques sway bars, those are a nice option for the amount i have to toss around right now

thumbsup.gif that sounds like a good idea
jdg371
dyno time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.