Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Wish I Lived in Japan
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
eyohannie
IPB Image
X2013: 1997 TOYOTA CELICA GT FOUR 5 SPEED MANUAL 2000 CC, PETROL, 92,000 KM, AC, PS, PW, ALLOY WHEELS, AIRBAG, REAR SPOILER, ONE OWNER, AUCTION GRADE 4, STARTING BID 190,000 JAPANESE YEN

190,000 Yen, which translates into 1,618 U.S. dollars. WHAT THE HECK.

And...
IPB Image
X2011: 1999 TOYOTA SUPRA SZ 5 SPEED MANUAL 3000 CC, PETROL, 23,000 KM, AC, PS, PW, AIRBAG, AFTERMARKET ALLOY WHEELS, REAR SPOILER, EXHAUST, INTAKE, AUCTION GRADE 4, STARTING BID 980,000 JAPANESE YEN

And...

IPB Image
X2029: 1991 MITSUBISHI GTO AUTOMATIC 3000 CC, PETROL, 84,000 KM, AC, PS, PW, AIRBAG, ALLOY WHEELS, AUCTION GRADE 4, STARTING BID 200,000 JAPANESE YEN

For less than $2,000 US. Ugh

http://www.rushcorp.com/cars/CurrentFlier.html

*Edit: I calculated shipping to Los Angeles at their website... $1169... Soo... under $3000 USD for at GT-4 under 60k miles. frown.gif
CelicaST202
too bad it will be hard to make it legal in nazi Cali
pure_dx
yes, STARTING BID! it'll probably raise up and up and up like most auctions
6strngs
QUOTE(CelicaST202 @ Jul 20, 2006 - 10:09 PM) [snapback]458880[/snapback]

just never register it or anything, and keep it as a track only car or something.

me and my friends were actually talking today, about having an unregistered vehicle. and we were saying we should just take a heat gun and steal a registration sticker off another car and glue it on to the license plate. then, the cop will pull over that other guy, and the guy will say "I swear I put the sticker on!" and the cop will go look it up on his computer, find out the guy IS registered, and have dmv send him another sticker or something. everybody goes home happy. heh heh.
doGGy
Starting Bid biggrin.gif In the end GT4 will go over 1000000 Yen for sure! lol

Damaged celicas cost not even near the price what is shown on this GT4 wink.gif
malpaso
yeah... I wish that too... frown.gif
neoklis
Well having imported lots of cars with my uncle who was a used japanese car dealer, I have to agree that the starting bid can be a bit low and the end price quite higher. Nevertheless, there is a deciding factor about the actual increase of the end price. You see, right hand drive countries are not that many and sometimes there may be restrictions on the age of the car to be able to even import it.
For example, Cyprus has a 5 year limit and therefore any car over 5 years old cannot be imported and registered in Cyprus.
You cannot imagine how many times I found cars which were half the price because they were just over 5 years old.
malpaso
QUOTE(neoklis @ Jul 21, 2006 - 12:10 PM) [snapback]458963[/snapback]

Well having imported lots of cars with my uncle who was a used japanese car dealer, I have to agree that the starting bid can be a bit low and the end price quite higher. Nevertheless, there is a deciding factor about the actual increase of the end price. You see, right hand drive countries are not that many and sometimes there may be restrictions on the age of the car to be able to even import it.
For example, Cyprus has a 5 year limit and therefore any car over 5 years old cannot be imported and registered in Cyprus.
You cannot imagine how many times I found cars which were half the price because they were just over 5 years old.

5 years???!!! OMG... We had 8 years here (abrogate right now due to EU regulation)
uberschall
QUOTE(6strngs @ Jul 20, 2006 - 11:51 PM) [snapback]458914[/snapback]

just never register it or anything, and keep it as a track only car or something.

me and my friends were actually talking today, about having an unregistered vehicle. and we were saying we should just take a heat gun and steal a registration sticker off another car and glue it on to the license plate. then, the cop will pull over that other guy, and the guy will say "I swear I put the sticker on!" and the cop will go look it up on his computer, find out the guy IS registered, and have dmv send him another sticker or something. everybody goes home happy. heh heh.

too bad they print the license plate number on the bottom of the stickers! (at least in MI they do)
TomPoz
QUOTE(malpaso @ Jul 21, 2006 - 5:38 AM) [snapback]458968[/snapback]

QUOTE(neoklis @ Jul 21, 2006 - 12:10 PM) [snapback]458963[/snapback]

...For example, Cyprus has a 5 year limit and therefore any car over 5 years old cannot be imported and registered in Cyprus.

5 years???!!! OMG... We had 8 years here (abrogate right now due to EU regulation)

Luckily, we do not have limit on cars age. You would not believe how many old used cars were imported from EU since our entry to the community - almost 2 million since May 2004. A lot of Celicas too, mainly 5g. When I bought my 6g GT in July 2004 it was rare, now you see 6gc (mainly ST) almost on every corner ( wink.gif ). To be unique one needs GT4 (there are like 4 or 5 in the whole country). Well... at least I want to be unique that way. biggrin.gif
burneeed
Some day I will have my imported gt4 smile.gif
CelicaST202
QUOTE(6strngs @ Jul 21, 2006 - 1:51 AM) [snapback]458914[/snapback]

Cali cops are not that stupid
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.