Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BEAMS in my Celica
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
puretone
Hey guys, first off don't flame me for this but i got a 5th gen Celica GT Convertible, so sue me....

BUT

I shoe-horned a '98 BEAMS 3SGE into it....
pic-spam:

http://bitcrusher.org/gallery/BEAMS-in-my-Celica

more pics as I get further along.

brianforster
nice job.. beams is such a sexy motor, i wonder if we could use that side feed TB on the 3sgte
Kadett
Kewl

A Dutch Celica members is also going to do this with his (actually his girlfriends) 5th Gen Convertible. Gonna send him the pics smile.gif
jdg371
Good Job dude! No one should be flaming about this... I mean its still a Celica
puretone
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jul 21, 2006 - 2:49 PM) [snapback]459152[/snapback]

Kewl

A Dutch Celica members is also going to do this with his (actually his girlfriends) 5th Gen Convertible. Gonna send him the pics smile.gif

hey man, ja zeg alsie 5SFE of 3SFE motor heeft in NL dan past ie....S-Series mounts all the same. Verrekte geil ben ik van dat ding....hele avond lopen rukken over de fotos smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Kadett
QUOTE(brianforster @ Jul 21, 2006 - 9:48 PM) [snapback]459151[/snapback]

nice job.. beams is such a sexy motor, i wonder if we could use that side feed TB on the 3sgte

Whole design is meant for high end rpm flow, dont think it would be optimal for a blown engine. The Caldina intake however is very nice and could be a lot better when routing a FMIC.
puretone
QUOTE(brianforster @ Jul 21, 2006 - 2:48 PM) [snapback]459151[/snapback]

hey that TB i think will not fit, unless you can source the intake mani as well.
****er is large enough to swallow a small cat.
Inner diameter of that TB is almost 3" i should measure it. All my motor-head bro's here are all flipping out about the size of the damned thing!
puretone
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jul 21, 2006 - 2:58 PM) [snapback]459162[/snapback]

QUOTE(brianforster @ Jul 21, 2006 - 9:48 PM) [snapback]459151[/snapback]

Whole design is meant for high end rpm flow, dont think it would be optimal for a blown engine. The Caldina intake however is very nice and could be a lot better when routing a FMIC.

exactly, though I do have a wild plan in the back of my mind about building a custom turbo setup for it....gonna have to figure out how to handly it with like an APEX'i PowerFC or something....that somewhere in the not so near future.

the one thing I am doing battle with at this moment is to figure out the gauges cluster/dash wiring, I got the BEAMS gauges and the dash-wiring that goes with it, just gonna figure out in the next week or so how to wire it all in.....IF its even possible....
Kadett
Turbo setup is a bit pointless on the VVTI engine. Unless you know what your doing and IIWY I would get a AEM.

About the wiring. Isn't the 5th gen still got a speedo with a cable instead of wiring?
jdg371
yea 5GC is still cable.. I learned that when I was trying toyank the gauges off mine lol
puretone
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jul 21, 2006 - 3:25 PM) [snapback]459180[/snapback]

Turbo setup is a bit pointless on the VVTI engine. Unless you know what your doing and IIWY I would get a AEM.

About the wiring. Isn't the 5th gen still got a speedo with a cable instead of wiring?

turbo gonna be a work in progress, I got a contact in japan right now, there are a number of turbo'ed Toyota Altezza's out there, basically the same engine & VVTi. 200hp should be enough for anyone, but i know i will last only a month or so before i go crazy and go into the block and get forged EVERYthing, drop the compression a little bit and stick in an SC61 precision turbo.....who knows.....

5th gen is cable operated, and it sucks when they get older they start to wobble around 20Mph or 40KM/h
But the ECU also gets the same speed-signal from the transmission as all newer cars do....i think I know which cable it is too....i'll post it when I get it all figured out!
puretone
Hey you guys wouldn't happen to have a Diagram of the Dash-Wiring by any chance would you?
Kadett
Why didn't you go for a 3S-GTE in the first place. Would be cheaper in the long rong. Price of a Beams and ST205 front cut dont differ that much.
puretone
QUOTE(Kadett @ Jul 22, 2006 - 11:19 AM) [snapback]459495[/snapback]

Why didn't you go for a 3S-GTE in the first place. Would be cheaper in the long rong. Price of a Beams and ST205 front cut dont differ that much.

3SGE BEAMS is just sexier smile.gif
azian_advanced
ask Outsider.. he's done the Beams swap on his celi.. i'm sure he's got all the diagrams needed for the swap.
Jen
k, that's just hot as fk.
Kadett
QUOTE(puretone @ Jul 22, 2006 - 11:19 PM) [snapback]459580[/snapback]

QUOTE(Kadett @ Jul 22, 2006 - 11:19 AM) [snapback]459495[/snapback]

3SGE BEAMS is just sexier smile.gif

PowderCoat the Valve cover red and stick a Beams logo on it and your done biggrin.gif
celicurr
hot damn!! that car's gonna fly!! such a lightweight body and a BEAMS!! nice empty engine compartment too! you relocating the battery to the trunk? or just haven't put it back in yet?
Kadett
QUOTE(celicurr @ Jul 24, 2006 - 2:00 AM) [snapback]459912[/snapback]

hot damn!! that car's gonna fly!! such a lightweight body and a BEAMS!! nice empty engine compartment too! you relocating the battery to the trunk? or just haven't put it back in yet?

Lightweight body????

Cars weights more then a hatchback because its a convertible.
tomazws
I agress.... Beams is such a sexy motor!
celicurr
not much more though...
puretone
5th gen dash wiring into 6th gen dash wiring is hell!@
immortal
yeaaaa guysss...beams is veryy sexyyy and really fastttt!!

IPB Image
sugarfree
How fast?
KB-2
...okay i feel retarted....but what is this ''Beams'' thing...adn whats so good about it?
sugarfree
Look at his engine. 200hp VVTI redlines at 7200 i think. And guess who has one. wink.gif

BTW, Man does anyone know if a GT exhaust piping lines up to a BEAMS motor directly?
puretone
QUOTE(sugarfree @ Aug 2, 2006 - 4:22 PM) [snapback]464654[/snapback]

Look at his engine. 200hp VVTI redlines at 7200 i think. And guess who has one. wink.gif

BTW, Man does anyone know if a GT exhaust piping lines up to a BEAMS motor directly?

i does, but i would use the BEAMS 4 into 2 into 2 on the intermediate pipe, this engine flows ALOT of air.

3S & 5S manifolds are practically the same across the 5th & 6th gens
WaynO
Hey matey nice to see others are putting this into a 5th gen as well!

My swap is already completed so feel free to check out the complete writeup here:

BEAMS Red Top Conversion Into ST184 Write-Up

Happy to help out!!
burneeed
Dont really see the point to going NA on a celica swap but good luck with it... although I would love to have that manifold and valve cover haha.
puretone
hey, big time help needed from the power of the forum!
do any of you have the ST205/ST215 wiring diagrams scanned or saved in a digital image????? SS-III ST205 or the Caldina ST215 3SGE Redtop/Greytop.....im in serious need of it in a really bad way.....HELP!
Bigmeanbulldog55
QUOTE(puretone @ Aug 8, 2006 - 7:24 PM) [snapback]466826[/snapback]

QUOTE(sugarfree @ Aug 2, 2006 - 4:22 PM) [snapback]464654[/snapback]

i does, but i would use the BEAMS 4 into 2 into 2 on the intermediate pipe, this engine flows ALOT of air.

3S & 5S manifolds are practically the same across the 5th & 6th gens

The 3sge from a 6th gen is a lot different than one from a 5th gen. Different heades on them. The 6th is wider, so the manifolds don't bolt up. The 3sge's and 3sgte's from 5th gens are the ones you want if you want the manifold to bolt up to the 5sfe motor.
hitcachi
QUOTE(burneeed @ Aug 14, 2006 - 3:24 PM) [snapback]468919[/snapback]

Dont really see the point to going NA on a celica swap but good luck with it... although I would love to have that manifold and valve cover haha.

dude its a BEAMS. it is the lord of NA. I want one so bad.
puretone
on a side note:

ITS ALIVE!! ITS ALIVE!!
IT CAME ALIVE TODAY!!
THE SOUND IS AMAZING!!
Culpable04
congrats !!!

smile.gif
puretone
/me whistles evil-march-sound from starwars

IPB Image
puretone
Okay my kiddies, here is the BlackTop (SXE10 Toyota Altezza) PIN-outs, some wiring and codes.....they should for some part be similar for our RedTop-rigs, the PIN-outs def are a huge help for me....then there are the sexy wave-forms....i know WFX will like these as well...if anything they are reallllly handy!

Enjoy, however you would do that with a PDF, oh and use Foxit PDF Reader, im declaring a holy-war on Adobe :devil:

http://bitcrusher.org/3S-GE_Codes_List.pdf
http://bitcrusher.org/3S-GE_ECU_PINOUT.pdf
http://bitcrusher.org/3S-GE_Wiring_Diagram.pdf
trdproven
Don't waste the motor, that is a pure NA motor to begin with, raw power. Go out and take out all the integras and show them the truth behind celicas.
puretone
QUOTE(trdproven @ Dec 12, 2006 - 9:32 AM) [snapback]509865[/snapback]

Don't waste the motor, that is a pure NA motor to begin with, raw power. Go out and take out all the integras and show them the truth behind celicas.

i ran out of Integras to outrun.... kindasad.gif
2T starlet/corola/whatevs also ran out of those to outrun.... kindasad.gif
i got close to really giving a supra owner a run for his money, but i ran out of island....not enough long roads here....

EVERYONE is like "WTF????" at me, followed by "pop that hood we wanna see this BEAMS business"
spolski07
QUOTE(puretone @ Dec 16, 2006 - 5:55 AM) [snapback]510955[/snapback]

i ran out of Integras to outrun.... kindasad.gif
2T starlet/corola/whatevs also ran out of those to outrun.... kindasad.gif
i got close to really giving a supra owner a run for his money, but i ran out of island....not enough long roads here....

EVERYONE is like "WTF????" at me, followed by "pop that hood we wanna see this BEAMS business"

that makes me want a BEAMS! smile.gif
Outsider
Welcome to the club.
Amazing feeling isn't it?
doGGy
QUOTE(Outsider @ Dec 16, 2006 - 9:48 AM) [snapback]510983[/snapback]

Welcome to the club.
Amazing feeling isn't it?

biggrin.gif yes it does biggrin.gif

But its not enouth for me yea know biggrin.gif

UKcelicaKev
I love my BEAMS too. Still aint got the Rev counter working tho. Big thanks to outsider for his help.

here she is in all her glory!!

IPB Image

Kev
NgoFcukinWay
QUOTE(UKcelicaKev @ Dec 19, 2006 - 7:21 PM) [snapback]511760[/snapback]

I love my BEAMS too. Still aint got the Rev counter working tho. Big thanks to outsider for his help.

here she is in all her glory!!

IPB Image

Kev

That is just dead sexy.
LewFX
one of these days im gonna have one too
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.