Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An important personality trait
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
jgreening
I had this thought after reading all the cry-baby threads lately and have chosen to share it.

There are a number of qualities or personality traits that people whom I admire greatly have in common. One of those qualities is the ability to gracefully address stressful situations in a productive way.

Lets deconstruct that sentence for a bit. 1. "stressful situation" - i.e. any situation where you do or SHOULD feel concerned about the outcome. 2. "address" - someone who actually engages in the issue - not simply just blows it off. 3. "productive way" - i.e. resolves the issue and maximizes the result. 4. "gracefully" - is calm, reassuring, humble, and positive in the process.

Think about the people you know who possess this ability. I would bet they are pretty good folks.

brianforster
when **** goes wrong with my car i just come inside and message art, does that count as gracefully adressing the situation?

laugh.gif
devilsden97
i admire people that dont lie to me......

even if the truth hurts, its better then a lie.
Mynzeyes
Does this post not contradict itself? Because, in essence, you are complaining about all of the posts about complaining. And, in complaining and "whining" about it, you are talking about how you admire people that don't do what you're doing. So, do you not admire yourself?
Consynx
^^^Teh Gh3yne55

(productivity at its best)
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(Consynx @ Jul 26, 2006 - 1:12 AM) [snapback]461194[/snapback]

^^^Teh Gh3yne55

(productivity at its best)

Your mom.

<3 Conesex.
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Jul 26, 2006 - 12:24 AM) [snapback]461173[/snapback]

Does this post not contradict itself? Because, in essence, you are complaining about all of the posts about complaining. And, in complaining and "whining" about it, you are talking about how you admire people that don't do what you're doing. So, do you not admire yourself?

LMAO. A trait that I admire is the ability to understand what you just read... laugh.gif wink.gif

It doesn't look like he's complaining or whining, just that the complaining and whining made him think about the traits that he finds important.
axelrduvirage
QUOTE(jgreening @ Jul 25, 2006 - 7:01 PM) [snapback]461001[/snapback]

There are a number of qualities or personality traits that people whom I admire greatly have in common. One of those qualities is the ability to gracefully address stressful situations in a productive way.

Amen to that brother...i just had to flame someone (i know i shouldn't) for poopooing a post that he didn't obviously understand. thank you also for deconstructing your comment for those who aren't "it getters". you have a knid heart and a way with words that is enviable.

peace

Supersprynt
Im gonna say this once and go back to work.

Yall talk to much 'bout nothin.
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Jul 26, 2006 - 8:25 AM) [snapback]461279[/snapback]

well, you're talking about it now, so you're just as bad. technically.

i just have nothing else better to do while i'm at work, drawing dump trucks. smile.gif. this is my only medium for at least attempting to have any linguistic interaction, other than AIM. which is sparse at best.

i just don't want my mind to go to mush from working on CAD all day.
vincent_doggy
My English Sucks!

but...

Dust to dust, Mud to mud...
bloodrain
QUOTE(vincent_doggy @ Jul 26, 2006 - 9:41 AM) [snapback]461288[/snapback]

My English Sucks!

but...

Dust to dust, Mud to mud...

i dont get it?
Silver94CelicaOwner
6GC is home to the people that love the 6th generation Celica, thats all.

We come here for fun, to learn and share from our first-hand experience, and to contruibute to a greater knowledge of what it is we do. I try to make sure that I keep this in mind all the time, and its important we all do to keep things moving foward.
I'm happy to say that I missed out on most of "the babiness" for quite some time but when I run across it last night, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to see people not getting along here. 6GC shouldn't be like that to anyone, and if people are becoming downright personal with eachother it becomes ugly. Lets face it....this site is very one-on-one, and we all know eachother quite well.

The problem is that both sides want to prove something when theres a disagreement, and flex some proverbial muscle to prove they're right.....it's only in our nature to be like that, and we all know its true. wink.gif It's because we all pride ourselves in what we do and our methods, and when people threaten that sanctuary its a matter of ego, plain and simple. Unfortunately thats not good for anyone, it drives away the parties that aren't even INVOLVED in the matter because its not something you want to be around. I had to scoot away from several threads last night just because of that reason.....it's unneccesary. Sometimes it takes the bigger man to not say a thing rather than try to get the last word in. I want to be able to sit down and read and enjoy, thats all.

When something inhibits my ability to enjoy what I love most, thats when I have a problem....its nothing personal that I'm aiming at anyone, just something that the involved parties will have to work out and stop. I want to enjoy the site, and be friends with everyone here just the same. Do you think we can all do that?

I'm no high and mighty voice in the matter, but I'm sure I speak in the interests of many.
hurley97
QUOTE(Mynzeyes @ Jul 26, 2006 - 9:39 AM) [snapback]461284[/snapback]

haha laugh.gif
my mind is mush...damn that AutoCAD! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Silver94CelicaOwner @ Jul 26, 2006 - 10:37 AM) [snapback]461313[/snapback]

6GC is home to the people that love the 6th generation Celica, thats all.

The problem is that both sides want to prove something when theres a disagreement, and flex some proverbial muscle to prove they're right.....it's only in our nature to be like that, and we all know its true. wink.gif It's because we all pride ourselves in what we do and our methods, and when people threaten that sanctuary its a matter of ego, plain and simple. Unfortunately thats not good for anyone, it drives away the parties that aren't even INVOLVED in the matter because its not something you want to be around. I had to scoot away from several threads last night just because of that reason.....it's unneccesary. Sometimes it takes the bigger man to not say a thing rather than try to get the last word in. I want to be able to sit down and read and enjoy, thats all.

When something inhibits my ability to enjoy what I love most, thats when I have a problem....its nothing personal that I'm aiming at anyone, just something that the involved parties will have to work out and stop. I want to enjoy the site, and be friends with everyone here just the same. Do you think we can all do that?

i think sometimes we need to just agree to disagree on certain things.
Supersprynt

i just have nothing else better to do while i'm at work, drawing dump trucks. smile.gif. this is my only medium for at least attempting to have any linguistic interaction, other than AIM. which is sparse at best.

I <3 you and all but I'm going to punch you in the mouth.
Mynzeyes
QUOTE(Supersprynt @ Jul 26, 2006 - 1:10 PM) [snapback]461407[/snapback]

I <3 you and all but I'm going to punch you in the mouth.

As long as you kiss it and make it better after you do. wink.gif.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.