Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: non-sunroof GT liftbacks?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
lumbercis
Were GT liftbacks ever sold without sunroofs? Sunroofs are listed as an option, but I've never seen one without. How about ST liftbacks?

Finally, what are the odds of finding a non-sunroof model WITH the Sport Package?

j.
95CelicaST
I have a non-sunroof ST. I wish I had a sunroof frown.gif
jdg371
Non Sunroof ST here also. lol
markie
'94 hatch GT non-sunroof
6gsillyca
WITH the sports package, i am assuming you mean a GT-S?

i have a GT-S, without a sunroof. I have never seen another GT or higher (GT-S) without a sunroof....I guess mines unique:D
elvasoshexai
i found a GT-S here w/o a sunroof...
brianforster
if your looking for the difference for weight savings, then you should know that the sports package is hardly worth it and minor suspension upgrades to a stock celi beat the sports package easily.
lumbercis
I was interested in the sport package because i thought it might give a little advantage in stock class autocross. If the only difference is struts then yes, it's not worth it since even in stock class you can change struts. However, some threads here say there were different springs as well, which is something you can't change. Also different lateral rods (bushings?), more seat bolstering, even different gearing, as well as wider rims I think. Most of that you can't change in stock class. Then again, no one really seems to know whats in the sport package for sure.

Honestly,,I'd rather have the hard top than sport package, but it would be nice to have both.

J.
hurley97
are there ST's with the sport package? i wouldnt guess that would be an option on a base model, but maybe

i have an ST without a sunroof...i want a sunroof cwm13.gif
brianforster
theres no different rims or seats in the sport package models, i know that for sure
lumbercis
Okay, not to be confrontational, but what is your source for that info? There are five different threads with posts like that all saying something different. As a matter of fact, several people have already established that SP rims have a different finish, so part of your statement is already slightly incorrect. I know you were probably talking about rims size, but do you see what I mean about getting accurate info? We need to know how you know as well as what you know. Comparing part #'s might work. Also, if someone can get some original toyota brochures that talk about the sport package, etc.

J.
bloodrain
ninety fizzor here, no sizzun rizzoof
Remy
I've seen some GT's without sunroof....I prefer one though lol I've seen some GT's without A/C too... laugh.gif smile.gif
HaRv3sTeR
GT-S no sunroof here

but i dont care about sunroof...i heard too much leaking stories about them
snapshotgt
GT with no sunroof for me. x2^ on what HaRv3sTeR said about the leaking.

~snap
Starcraftjunkie
gts w/ sports package and w/ sunroof.. no leaks.. phew. smile.gif
Remy
I have a 95 GT and mines don't leak either.....? biggrin.gif
slvr_celica_GT_816
my sunroof dont leak either
azian_advanced
GT-S with sport suspension (with tein s-techs in front) and sunroof with no leaks.. i've heard t-tops tend to leak but very rarely for sunroofs.

so it comes down to sunroofs being an option in all models
pandakid
sunroof no leaks
Deezz_Nuttz
I have a 99 GT No Sunroof... I wish I had one tho'...

The celi is the only one without a sunroof... even my damn Minivan has one
tomazws
I don't have a sunroof... and I like it without a sunroof...

I had a very bad experience in my friend's 01' Celica that flipped over on the freeway and the sunroof glass shattered everywhere into our face.
andrewb0x29a
Since there are GTs without sunroofs (I have never actually seen one though), does that make the only differences between the STs and GTs the engine/transmission and the rear disk brakes? Did the GT come with stiffer springs or stiffer sway bars? I've been considering "upgrading" my ST to a GT but would want to stay stock class legal for autocross. Of course I wouldn't mind finding a '94 GT with absolutely no options on it either.
lumbercis
okay, so anybody have a non sunroof GT with Sport Package?

BTW, if anyone is not sure and wants me to check, I work at Toyota and can find out if you send me/post your VIN.

J.
ZacMan1987
cwm13.gif My '99 GT had a sunroof. It didn't leak. cwm13.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.