Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Altezza lights??
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
DeathSniper
Now Maybe it's just me guys.... but how come there are no altezza lights for 6g celicas??? I havent been able to find any ANYWHERE! That sucks because these cars are made for those lights... All of these new cars get them immediately, but these cars have been on the market for a while now and nothing. I mean even minivans have them... What is that about? Seriously does anyone know whats up with that? and it cant be because these are older cars because there are lights for 90 something acuras and such ... so any feed back?
BlackCelicaGT94
prepare for a flame -- not by me cuz i dont care

i think theres something like afterburners which are the closest things...

IPB Image
Chanh55
Dude you make a good point! Altezza lights would look so awesome on the 6gc.... way better than the JDM Tails or Curren because those look all factory and stuff... Cheap looking aftermarket tail lights is where it's at.
Jen
There probably isn't any, because there isn't that much of a demand for them. At least on this website.

Yeah, your best bet would be the afterburners.

Or.. if you're going for the clear look, here is a DIY tutorial that will help you with that.
http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=howto&itu=2
DeathSniper
QUOTE(BlackCelicaGT94 @ Jul 27, 2006 - 4:35 PM) [snapback]461990[/snapback]

prepare for a flame -- not by me cuz i dont care

i think theres something like afterburners which are the closest things...

IPB Image

thanks I like what I am seeing... and these can work....
pandakid
yea i wish they did make tail lights for our car. i would love to have surpa style tail lights to come out for our cars
DomGT
Just say NO to altezzas. I see other cars on the road with them and I just laugh! So cheap looking and OEM looks better!
DeathSniper
I will admit that I do like my oem lights... but I want that something extra... I think I amy have found it.... those lights about 3 or 4 posts up the 3 round ones... might be my new tail lights.... and only certain Altezza lights look bad... some are hot.[color=#000099][b]
mzztoyota
I spent all yesterday scouring the internet for ANY after-market tail-ligts for my '94 hatchback...and you know what? The only help I got was from this site, in the exterior forum, there is a sticky that lists te only 4-5 types of tail lights that you can get off-the-shelf for celi's. Go into that forum and take a look wink.gif

I found it disappointing myself...what I do see that I like is insanely pricy...
95CelicaST
what I do see that I like is insanely pricy...

Welcome to owning a Celica...
mzztoyota
lol...yeah...but TAILLIGHTS?!?! Plastic, glass...where does 400 bucks go into that?

Eh. Celica is too much of an improvement for me to complain.
Culpable04
QUOTE(mzztoyota @ Jul 27, 2006 - 5:32 PM) [snapback]462032[/snapback]

lol...yeah...but TAILLIGHTS?!?! Plastic, glass...where does 400 bucks go into that?

try to take a look at the projector headlamp, you will fall out of your chair
trdproven
Aftermarket lights is a no no for our cars. Keep it genuine and legit.
mzztoyota
QUOTE(trdproven @ Jul 27, 2006 - 7:25 PM) [snapback]462107[/snapback]

Aftermarket lights is a no no for our cars. Keep it genuine and legit.

...my wallet agrees with you laugh.gif
ZacMan1987
>> Dude you make a good point! Altezza lights would look so awesome on the 6gc.... way better than the JDM Tails or Curren because those look all factory and stuff... Cheap looking aftermarket tail lights is where it's at.

rolleyes.gif Actually, paying $400+ for lights that look almost exactly like what you already have is so hot right now. rolleyes.gif

I agree that a tastefully done altezza would look cool on a celica. Something not all shiny and plastic and crappy looking. Say, something akin to the stock IS300 tails. Those are the sex.
6gsillyca
something along the lines of G35's would be dope, with the led rings. look way better on a 6gc than ghey altezza's imo
XS4lv1Truch0x
someone care to put up pics of an altezza???

i havent seen one and dont know what one is.
ExSane
There is no Altezza lights for our cars. And even if they did, I wouldn't buy them unless my car was white. They don't even look good and I don't know why dumb ricer kidz buy them. There is a black si civic in my apartment complex with black lip kit, stock si spoiler, jdm projector headlights with black housing (sweet looking) with HiD, and white altezza tails. That made the back so ugly!!! Just say no no to altezzas.

Quick pic for XS4lv1Truch0x.

IPB Image
beastman
QUOTE(XS4lv1Truch0x @ Jul 28, 2006 - 2:46 AM) [snapback]462321[/snapback]

someone care to put up pics of an altezza???

i havent seen one and dont know what one is.

An altezza is the Japanese version of the IS300. I believe they were the first car to come out with the clear "euro" lights (aka Altezzas). hence the reason everyone calls the clear taillights altezzas.
j0e_p3t
i like the look of the altezzas. but only on altezzas (with a few exceptions). plus, the IS tail lights aren't all super shiny and cheap chrome looking. aftermarket altezzas just don't look right on some cars. as for our car, i'd prefer the jdm's any day.
Culpable04
It's hard to say " I prefer " because in our case we just don't have the option; I bet if we get some altezza taillight for our cars professionally made a lot of people would change their mind. I'm not a fan of anything that shines too much so Altezza taillight wouldn't be made for me but as far as if they look good on our cars or not that depends on the owner because the point of aftermarket parts is to personalize to your taste.
S2CELLY
I love the look of the rear lights on this celli

IPB Image
presure2
guys, lets keep it civil.
Silver94CelicaOwner
JDM isn't neccesarily the only way to go with our tails, if a company were to make a really clean looking tail that looks almost like it could be OEM it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Unfortunately it seems that getting a company to make a set that are clean, modest, and not using chrome housings and neons or something is next to impossible. Now that the Celica is anywhere from 7-12 years old, it probably won't happen now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.