Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU reset???
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
Stipt
How do you reset an ECU? I dunno how to do it.
97sccelica
QUOTE (Stipt @ Jun 18, 2003 - 9:50 PM)
How do you reset an ECU? I dunno how to do it.

unplug the negative terminal from the battery. step on the brakes a few times, put the terminal back on and your done
macavely
you don't have to our cars have self resetting ECU's
ghostdog
QUOTE (97sccelica @ Jun 18, 2003 - 9:59 PM)
QUOTE (Stipt @ Jun 18, 2003 - 9:50 PM)
How do you reset an ECU?  I dunno how to do it.

unplug the negative terminal from the battery. step on the brakes a few times, put the terminal back on and your done

why do you need to step on the brakes ???
ghostdog
double post !! how embaressing :(
Stipt
LoL....thats kinda funny Ghost biggrin.gif And our cars self reset?
KAMiX
Stepping on the brakes will use up any leftover charge in the electrical system - kinda like when you pull the plug out of a computer, and when you turn it on, all the fans spin for 2 seconds before it dies.
snadman
Exactly, they aren't self resetting. If they were then I guess the dealership didn't know what they were doing when they did it themselves...as I watched! lol. Oh well, maybe you have a self resetting ECU? I don't I know that for sure.
jayi12-15psi
yeah, I was told that you reset the ecu by disconnecting the positive terminal and stepping on the brake for 5 seconds
TRDDawg
QUOTE (jayi12-15psi @ Jun 19, 2003 - 10:40 AM)
yeah, I was told that you reset the ecu by disconnecting the positive terminal and stepping on the brake for 5 seconds

Positive or negative terminal which is it?
Matthew
there is a how to on this

go to the main page..click on how to articles

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.