Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3gste transmission question
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
illneversellmycelli
i'm going to get flamed so bad for this lol, still a noob here, anyway i only see manual and awd trans for the 3g, no automatic's......just wondering i know everyone is going to say, dude cahnge to a stick their funner to drive why have auto on a 3g lol. I can drive a stick but just have always had an automatic, plus the swap will be pricy enough without adding a auto to manual swap on it. Just curious casue i haven't seen a 3g with a automatic tranny
illneversellmycelli
damn n owonder i cant find my post, i posted it in the wrong place err, sorry people this should be in the engine section, my bad
jgreening
It can be done but only with an aftermarket engine management (computer) system. Another problem is that nobody knows whether the automatic transmission can handle the power. You might want to talk to WannabeGT4 - he has done alot of research. Also, use the search feature of the site - it works great.
WannabeGT4
Ah, yes. We will find out very soon how difficult this is going to be. My 5s finally gave out. I've ordered the parts to freshen up and reseal my 3S and I'll be starting on the wiring very soon, just waiting on those parts and my RC AFM to arrive to compliment my RC ECU.

In theory all I should have to do is feed the 5SFE ECU just enough vital information to let it control the transmission properly. This will inlude TPS, RPM, TEMP, and SPEED. I'll still let my RC ECU control the engine however. I decided against the standalone for the moment.

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26491
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26475
illneversellmycelli
yes it does and all the research i did i didin see it touch this topic, i was thinking about the power issuse also, guess i'm going to start practicing on a stick again it's been a long while

QUOTE(jgreening @ Jul 31, 2006 - 6:55 AM) [snapback]463481[/snapback]

It can be done but only with an aftermarket engine management (computer) system. Another problem is that nobody knows whether the automatic transmission can handle the power. You might want to talk to WannabeGT4 - he has done alot of research. Also, use the search feature of the site - it works great.

jgreening
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Jul 31, 2006 - 10:28 AM) [snapback]463538[/snapback]

Hmmm.....if you had done the research, I would have thought you would have seen the threads that Justin posted. Maybe you just need to research a bit more. Good luck with your project.

I personally like the second thread - that part about his testicles has me rolling everytime I read it! biggrin.gif No offense Justin, some of us just have the curse!

On to the technical bit, Justin, if you utilize the 5sfe ECU to run only the tranny, won't you get all kinds of errors because the ECU is not seeing the engine and its inputs?
WannabeGT4
LOL! It's funny because it's true. Curse, Blessing, it just depends on the situation I suppose.

As long as it shifts properly I don't care what codes it throws. It might be a problem, but I doubt it... I've run my car with a few different codes showing and it never affected the shifting of the trans.

We'll find out soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.