Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7afe engine ticking
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Engine/Transmission/Maintenance
SpoonR530
My engine is ticking very constantly as the rps increase or decrease. I have heard this sound on other engines and am hoping it is common and an easy fix. It sounds like the problem is with the fuel injectors to me but i was just wondering if any other 7afe owners have had (and fixed) this problem.
-SpoonR
Bitter
my injectors tick pretty loudly, number one cylinders intake valves tick good as well.
malpaso
valves (just tune up needed) or cylinder packing/seal malfunction... (I can't explain it better... I'll make some pics if needed biggrin.gif...)

QUOTE(SpoonR530 @ Aug 5, 2006 - 2:26 AM) [snapback]465598[/snapback]

My engine is ticking very constantly as the rps increase or decrease. I have heard this sound on other engines and am hoping it is common and an easy fix. It sounds like the problem is with the fuel injectors to me but i was just wondering if any other 7afe owners have had (and fixed) this problem.
-SpoonR

SpoonR530
[quote name='malpaso' date='Aug 5, 2006 - 2:51 AM' post='465695'] valves (just tune up needed) or cylinder packing/seal malfunction... (I can't explain it better... I'll make some pics if needed biggrin.gif ...)

If you have the time, valve tune up pictures sound real good to me. A seal malfunction sounds like it also could be the problem. Would that be a gasket leak?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.