Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intercooler pump help
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
whitezombie
Ive recently done a conversion 205 engine into my 202 gt but im having probs with the intercooler pump the plug for the intercooler pump is on the front loom on GT4s i dont have the front loom and its alot of work to change it so i have been advised to wire the pump up to a live feed in the car so it runs when i turn the ignition on does anyone know how to do this and there are 5 wires from the pump what ones do i use? any info greatly appreciated
phattyduck
Sounds like somebody didn't get a clip... wink.gif

You will first need to fool the ECU into thinking that the water pump is there.... Grab your diagrams and wire that stuff in. That'll keep the check-engine lights away.

The two thick wires on the connector are power for the pump. Black w/ white strip is power and White with black stripe is ground - though after the plug on the pump itself, the wire colors might not match the diagrams.

I just wired it all up as stock on my swap (took the wires out of the front harness). Later, I'll wire it in constant.

-Charlie
Xpander
Check out this thread for some help. Code 54 Elimination Circuit I used that diagram to fool the ECU into thinking the pump was still there for my FMIC setup. Oh and for the light bulb, you can use the same kind that is in you dome light, 12v 10w. Hope this might help you some.

-Colin
WannabeGT4
If you don't want to worry about a lightbulb burning out on you try this solution:

http://www.gt4dc.co.uk/website/howtos/st205_code54.php
Xpander
I tried that setup before going with the "light bulb" but I couldn't seem to make it work. I don't know what I did wrong, but the other method works. Maybe since I was trying to do the wirng at the ECU rather than at the plug. I didn't have the pump plugs anyways, sold with the intercooler a while back.

I plan on measuring the resistence of bulb and replacing it with appropriate resistors. I'm getting tired of all the bright light coming from my floorboards laugh.gif .

-Colin
whitezombie
so guys am i right in saying if i can do this and fool the ecu into thinkin the pump is there then could i simply link the 12v and the earth up to the car and run the pump when the ignition turns on? And many many thanx for all your info
phattyduck
QUOTE(whitezombie @ Aug 7, 2006 - 3:09 PM) [snapback]466437[/snapback]

so guys am i right in saying if i can do this and fool the ecu into thinkin the pump is there then could i simply link the 12v and the earth up to the car and run the pump when the ignition turns on? And many many thanx for all your info

Yup. Just make sure you add an extra relay and fuse for the pump - you don't want to runn all that current another circuit that wasn't meant to handle it.

-Charlie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.