Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2000-2005 celica engines
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
rayneezy23
wrong forum but dont the new celicas have 1.8liters engines too just out of curoisity
malpaso
QUOTE(rayneezy23 @ Aug 11, 2006 - 9:10 AM) [snapback]467754[/snapback]

wrong forum but dont the new celicas have 1.8liters engines too just out of curoisity

yes they have...

(more info here)
laff09
Yeah the GTS' have 1.8l VVT-I engines (atleast the 00' did, not sure of the other). New technology that hasn't been proven for durability imo, and all this 'new' technology comes with a hefty price tag
Punch
1ZZ-FE and 2ZZ-GE VVTLi only good thing in that in that motor is the VVT(L)I
laff09
its like VTEC yo! laugh.gif
Punch
vvt-li is better than v-tec
laff09
QUOTE(Punch @ Aug 12, 2006 - 1:27 PM) [snapback]468220[/snapback]

vvt-li is better than v-tec

How so, I was under the impression that they were the same? Just curious, just wanna learn more about cars wink.gif
MaskedMan
i think VVT-i is the same as Vtec, and that VVTL-i is the same as i-Vtec.
Kwanza26
QUOTE(MaskedMan @ Aug 12, 2006 - 8:47 PM) [snapback]468253[/snapback]

i think VVT-i is the same as Vtec, and that VVTL-i is the same as i-Vtec.

No...

VVTL-i is the same as iVTEC with lift... (like conventional VTEC, K20A, K20A2, K24A2). There is also iVTEC without lift (EP3 Civic SI and 2.4 liter Accord/CRV K20A3/K24A1 respectively) which has variable cam timing (like VVTi) and a VTEC-E system (running with 3 valves at lower throttle)... VVTi is ONLY the variable cam timing and does nothing to alter the valves besides timing. VTEC always alters the valves in some way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.