Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fogging windows.....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
celicaboy95
whenever it rains and its fairly humid or warm my celi steams up like no other....the side windows and everything, even when i have full defroster on. the only way to defog it is to put the windows down, and that sucks when its raining really bad. Anyone know what could be causin it? does this just happen to my celi or anyone else sufferin from the same problem? thanks
ScoobyDooCruiser
I only experience that when I've got a girl in the car, and we're in a dark parking lot... Oh wait?That doesn't happen cause I don't have a gf!!!!

Uhm... Sorry. Try putting the A/C on when it fogs up. Sounds kinda wierd, but it works pretty good I think. I think you can get stuff for glass that makes it so it doesn't fog as bad. During the winter it gets kinda bad for me too. Make sure to air out your car when it is sunny.

If you find something that works better, let me kno!
exxtractor
turn the A/C on, the windows will clear up in less than 30 seconds, but it will fog up again if your shut it off. Nothing like driving around with it cold and wet outside and the A/C on, even when its at the 1:00 posiiton its still a chill.
aaronc222
Just use the RainX fog stuff. It doesn't work as well as advertised, but it does work.
hata
since I have a coupe, the back windows fog in those type of settings...so I try to use the back defroster and it only defrosts like the middle part of the back window...just the whole middle area...not the top or bottom...kinda annoying on those type of dayz.
CelicaQT
Question: WHat setting do you have the circulation set to?
A. Air circulating from just the inside
B. Air circulating from outside in

Bcus that can be a factor....It should be circulating from outside in. So maybe press that button and try that? When I first got my Celi in 99, mine fogged up also. Read the manual and it said what settings to have your circulation set to.

Hope this helps somewhat?
BlackCelicaGT94
do yall have the recycled air and the unrecycled air buttons? either way one of those works better than the other for fogged up windows
CelicaQT
QUOTE (BlackCelicaGT94 @ Jun 20, 2003 - 11:08 PM)
do yall have the recycled air and the unrecycled air buttons? either way one of those works better than the other for fogged up windows

LOL that's what I ment Natalie....I just couldn't think what those buttons were called. hehe It's late....I can't think. But yes....it does work...so try those buttons. smile.gif
With mine the one that worked was the Button with the Air Coming from outside to the inside of car...so that would make it the Unrecycled air?
Matthew
dont breath so heavy
BlackCelicaGT94
QUOTE (CelicaQT @ Jun 20, 2003 - 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (BlackCelicaGT94 @ Jun 20, 2003 - 11:08 PM)

LOL that's what I ment Natalie....I just couldn't think what those buttons were called. hehe It's late....I can't think. But yes....it does work...so try those buttons. smile.gif
With mine the one that worked was the Button with the Air Coming from outside to the inside of car...so that would make it the Unrecycled air?

haha I dotn know if those are the technical terms but they sound good to me!
Blackcelliman
My AC automatically turns on when I have my defroster on. Does this happen to anyone else? Maybe it's a feature on the Limited Edition. I'm not complaining though. It does work better. I used to use the combo with my last car. And it definately works better if you have the outside circulated air on. But, when I used Arm and Hammer window wipes, my back windows would fog up alot more. So, I do not recommend using them.
KAMiX
My car gets fogged up bigtime, I've found that putting the A/C on hot will get rid of it much faster than cold. Also I found that recirculating the air once the car warms up will keep the fogginess away!

Kind of strange - completely different advice than what has been posted already smile.gif
pflau
let me guess....

STOP SINGING WITH EVERY SONG ON THE RADIO..

that should clear up half of your fogging problem...

KAMiX
ur an idiot.
Silver94CelicaOwner
Just a word to the wise....try not to get any type of leather cleaner like those armor-all leather wipes on your windows.....i accidentally got some on the bottom of a few windows, and it makes the window fog up like crazy, not to mention the way it holds dew in place first thing in the morning. So yeah....be careful not to make the same mistake as me. wink.gif
pflau
actually I heard that any thing you put on the dash ends up evaporating and stick to the windshield... especially under the summer heat

that's why I dont put anying on my dash..

Lastdream
I turn the A/C and presto!!!! in less than a minute the fog is gone
CelicaSX
I think the concensus is put the A/C on and hurn the heat up to a confortable level and the fog will disapear,

The reason for this is that the AC has a condensor dryer in it.....(Its the funny little gas like bottle in front of your radiator).

It dried the humidity out of the air...dosn't matter if you have the heat dial on cold or hot it works regardless if you have the AC button on.

Heres also an old trick to help......Take a dry bar of soap...(Velvet soap if you are in Aistralia - Yellow colour) and rub the edge of the soap across the inside of front windscreen...
You should be left with lines from the soap. Then take a dry cloth and polish it into the glass until it diappears. You might have to put a little effort into it, but don't complain).

You will find that will stop your window from fogging and soap is cheap..!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.