Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well.....this certainly sucks here...Celica Damaged....PICS
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Fastbird
Unfortunately, I can't post up pics from my email as I don't see a way to put an attachment in, but our ultra clean celica lost a battle with a shopping cart today at Katie's work. There's a LARGE creased vertical dent approximately 6" behind the passenger side door jamb. In my eyes, where she parks the car is perpendicular to the regular parking, and out in the boonies of her parking lot. This was an intentional malicious act as there's no way an empty shopping cart got THAT much steam up with the gentle incline of her stores parking lot.

If someone want's to host the picture phone shots until later tonight I'd appreciate it. Please PM me asap if you're willing (I'm at work and can't access any free web hosting sites).

*Edit* Here's the pics from my host now. I upsized them a tad to help out. high res coming later tonight about 2230 EST. I have no doubts this was with intent.

IPB Image

IPB Image
airfron
sorry to hear that man... whoever did it i wish a cruel and unusual death to
vsideboy
here you go mate.
shame that though hope you get it sorted.

IPB Image

IPB Image
Fastbird
QUOTE(vsideboy @ Aug 14, 2006 - 4:14 PM) [snapback]468914[/snapback]

here you go mate.
shame that though hope you get it sorted.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks a ton man. I really appreciate that.

I'm going to get some MUCH better pix later tonight when my wife gets home from work.
laff09
Round up the boys, were goin honda huntin(Oh, just kidding)! Man that really sucks, sorry to hear about that
Fastbird
Pics added in the original post. I'm already scheming. Katie told me her boss told her to file a claim with the store and she'd take care of it, so what I think we're going to do is take this as an opportunity to have the entire car cleared of any little dents/dings, painted, and SSIII splitters installed. More to come after some estimates happen on Wed/Thurs this week.
snapshotgt
wow -- yeah, that does not look like the cart just rolled into your car... cwm13.gif
OntarioCeli
frown.gif Sorry to hear about that. I know it sux, I come out of work to find someone backed into my fender
Its going to the paint and body shop tonight be looking new in a few days wink.gif
FlamingCelica
No way gravity could have done that, I hope whoever did this has something extremely bad happen to them for hurting such a beauty. mad.gif

~FlamingCelica
Chanh55
I think that should pop right out with dent doctor or anything similar.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EH2VN...95940?n=3760901
Fastbird
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Aug 14, 2006 - 6:38 PM) [snapback]469001[/snapback]

I think that should pop right out with dent doctor or anything similar.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EH2VN...95940?n=3760901

I thought about that, but given the depth of the dent, I see two immediate issues:

Metal stretch and paint cracking. The paint cracking can be taken care of for a paltry amount, but as deep as that dent looks to be I think there's going to be issues with the metal being stretched and thinned and it won't pop back out right.

I'm pretty upset about this. I was just getting really happy with where the car was, and spent an ungodly amount of time on Saturday detailing it, and now this.
Chanh55
Worth a try I think.
Fastbird
QUOTE(Chanh55 @ Aug 14, 2006 - 7:34 PM) [snapback]469020[/snapback]

Worth a try I think.

Oh, no doubt. I'll know a lot more once I look at it though. I'm actually kind of getting my hopes up about a repaint, dent repair, and splitters. biggrin.gif
dustin15brown
Wow that sucks man.... I hope it comes out alright.... But I know something that will put a HUGE smile on your face in a few weeks when it arrives. Ha SHH!!!
Fastbird
QUOTE(dustin15brown @ Aug 14, 2006 - 8:30 PM) [snapback]469035[/snapback]

Wow that sucks man.... I hope it comes out alright.... But I know something that will put a HUGE smile on your face in a few weeks when it arrives. Ha SHH!!!

All part of the plan bro! biggrin.gif
celica47
Man bro sorry about your car hopefully the repair isnt to much. If were going Honda hunting lol somebody better call Eastern....cant remeber his name.
6strngs
ouch. that sucks. I hate it when people feel the need to try and ruin someone else's hard work and money spent. mostly because their jealous.

anywhere that has shopping carts is never a good a place to park. take it from the guy who works at a grocery store...
Fastbird
Updated pics in a new thread to ward off the poor 56K folk (does anyone use that anymore???)......Linky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.