Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rebuilt turbo....
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > Forced Induction
hashmaster52
is there anything wrong with buying a rebuilt turbo?
Bitter
if it was rebuilt by a reputable place, then no. what kind of turbo?
hashmaster52
QUOTE(Bitter @ Aug 15, 2006 - 11:10 PM) [snapback]469457[/snapback]

if it was rebuilt by a reputable place, then no. what kind of turbo?

well im gonna turbo my 7a and was thinkin of gettin this.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-4AFE...sspagenameZWDVW

i think it looks pretty good and for a pretty good price.
Bitter
it looks like a decent log manifold, but i dont like how EVERYTHING was spraypainted silver laugh.gif it looks weird.

ask who rebuilt the turbo, theres only a handful of companies that rebuild turbos.

also, i may be wrong, but that turbo's hotside sounds a little small for the 7afe? you'll need much more than just the turbo to get it all working correctly. you'll need....
bigger injectors
larger fuel pump
fuel managment
ignition control
intake piping
blow off valve
exhaust
downpipe
and probably a few other bits and peices im forgetting, the TOTAL cost will be about $800-1500 additional to the cost of that little kit.
hashmaster52
QUOTE(Bitter @ Aug 15, 2006 - 11:22 PM) [snapback]469470[/snapback]

it looks like a decent log manifold, but i dont like how EVERYTHING was spraypainted silver laugh.gif it looks weird.

ask who rebuilt the turbo, theres only a handful of companies that rebuild turbos.

also, i may be wrong, but that turbo's hotside sounds a little small for the 7afe? you'll need much more than just the turbo to get it all working correctly. you'll need....
bigger injectors
larger fuel pump
fuel managment
ignition control
intake piping
blow off valve
exhaust
downpipe
and probably a few other bits and peices im forgetting, the TOTAL cost will be about $800-1500 additional to the cost of that little kit.

um...wut do u mean the hotside sounds a little too small? and thats a good price for the turbo, manifold, and w/e else comes with it right?
Bitter
i mean that the exhaust side seems like its a little small for the 7afe, boost will come on quickly but there will be a relativly low limit to how hard it will be able to spin the compressor wheel which will limit how much boost you'll be able to make with that turbo. im not familiar with it off the top of my head, but the small exhaust side may cause a restriction for the engine at higher rpms or higher boost levels.

im still learning about turbo sizing and compressor maps and all that jazz, someone else may be able to better explain.
southwest2118
thats the guy i bought my mani and turbo from your going to have to grind the edge to make it fit but everything is cool, i've had it for like a couple of months no problem
alltracman78
If it's spraypainted I wouldn't trust it....
Usually parts are sandblasted.
If he painted it, he doesn't have a sandblaster.
Which means he's a budget rebuilder.
Or some guy in his garage doing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.