Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: antivirus...
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
2003cbgts
what are some good antivirus apps i can download? preferably for free... right now i have avast, avg, and nod32. none of them seem to pick up the virus i have... any suggestions on some good ones?
jgreening
I just spent the better part of two weeks trying to solve a virus (malware) problem with free anti-virus software. It was a total nightmare.

I finally gave in and bought McAfee Internet Security for $49 from Walmart and the problem is resolved. I recommend McAfee or Norton. I will never go without one of those two programs again. It simply is not worth the wasted time to resolve the issue.
celica47
QUOTE(jgreening @ Aug 16, 2006 - 12:45 PM) [snapback]469626[/snapback]

I just spent the better part of two weeks trying to solve a virus (malware) problem with free anti-virus software. It was a total nightmare.

I finally gave in and bought McAfee Internet Security for $49 from Walmart and the problem is resolved. I recommend McAfee or Norton. I will never go without one of those two programs again. It simply is not worth the wasted time to resolve the issue.

I use Avast...its free and its one of the best out there imo
2003cbgts
yea im using avast and it doesnt pick up anything. the only symptom of a virus i have is my internet connection. when i visit certain sites, it kicks me off or says theres some kind of problem. i figured i had a virus bc my gf downloaded a bunch of sketchy songs off limewire.
celica47
damn hmmm well there one other free virus program....Zone alarms. It manages to work with avast. Unless you want to put out the money and buy a virus program you might have to reformat the computer.
Fastbird
I had Norton and hwile it worked well, it was hell trying to run it on XP Pro. Got McAfee for free because of Comcast HSI, and it's been flawless ever since.
2003cbgts
so if i reformat my computer it will be good as new pretty much?
bloodrain
QUOTE(2003cbgts @ Aug 16, 2006 - 3:00 PM) [snapback]469650[/snapback]

so if i reformat my computer it will be good as new pretty much?

yes, also AVG is by far the BEST FREEWARE program. Norton and McAfee are alright also. Hit me up on AIM and i'll sho ya how 2 get rid of that virus :-p bl00dr4in
LewFX
sounds like spyware to me, try ad-aware
soulshadow
I use a free norton anti suit/ firewall that is freely distrubuted from my U. I can download the stuff and send it too you guys if u want.
mzztoyota
From my personal experiences, Norton sucks like hell, but maybe that was just me...I had to totally empty and reset my computer to how it was the day I bought it TWICE with Norton AntiVirus...

...my computer nerd friends downloaded AVG Free and I have had no problems since...
Yellow94GT
QUOTE(2003cbgts @ Aug 16, 2006 - 1:34 PM) [snapback]469624[/snapback]

what are some good antivirus apps i can download? preferably for free... right now i have avast, avg, and nod32. none of them seem to pick up the virus i have... any suggestions on some good ones?

I have not heard about any free antivirus that will offer great protection.
I have have used Panda 2006 Titanium. I can recommend it.
http://www.pandasoftware.com
Yellow94GT
XCSkierFreak
+1 for AVG. I've had it for 3 years and haven't had a problem with any virii. And neither have any of my friends.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.