Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got pulled over last night
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
kenjamatic
yesterday i took a couple of my little cousins to the state fair. as my cousin was opening the door someone from behind said "close the door and stay in the vehicle" i looked and there was a police car behind me. as soon as i saw that i knew i was screwed. the cop came up to the driver side and asked for my information(license, registration), i gave it to him then he asked if i have anything under the hood like an intake or something. i told him i did, then he asked me to pop the hood and step out of the car. i poped the hood and got out of the car he pat me down and looked at what i had under the hood. "are these carb legal?" he asked i just played stupid and said that i don't know and i just bought the car. he wrote me a ticket for having "modified emissions." he then told me that the reason he pulled me over because i had my parking lights on and also wrote me up for it too(it was 8pm and the sun was still up). that was the stupidist thing that i've ever heard. on top of everything i can't drive the car until i take it to the state referee, i've scheduled an appointment for the 31st of this month but it sucks because i can't drive my car until then. at first i thought he was just trying to scare me if i was to drive the car, when i got home i looked a the ticket and on the back there was a little sticker that said:

"STATE REFEREE CERTIFICATION REQUIRED - NO OFFICER SIGN-OFF
(Section 43012 California Health & Safety Code.)
For State Referee appointments: 1-800-622-7733.
Vehicle must be removed from the roadway
immediately and may not be driven until in
Compliance. (Section 24004 California Vehicle Code)"

i was pissed because i don't have a swap, it's just the stock motor with headers and a cai, he took out a measuring tape and measured my head lights...he told me that he can write me up for having exhaust and the car for being lower then 22"(i was at 21" with my stock rims in the front), the good thing is that he didn't but getting pulled over for having the parking lights on is stupid...

just needed to vent....
bloodrain
wow, after all these stupid laws they have in cali I wonder why anyone still lives there... what next? Ticket for modified air pressure in the tires? Non factory colored car? Glass too clear? WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP!
creis
yeah that crap is getting so out of hand, Tueasday I went into court to fight my "no front plate" ticket for $195, waited 3 hours (was the last person called up) listened to the cops total bs ticket report, said i was pacing the stock red civic next to me with a middle age guy in it, when we had just pulled away from a red light, like its now illigal in the state or washingtont to pull away from the light at the same time as the car next to you. cop said I was trying to street race, TOTAL BULL SHOT! I DONT F=ING STREET RACE MY DANG CAR, WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK THAT JUST BECAUSE ITS FIXED UP I RACE ON THE STREET!!!! MOTHER F... anyway in court the judge herd that bs and bought every word, refused to see my proof that I HAD MY FRONT PLATE LEGALY MOUNTED TO THE FRONT OF THE CAR (photo's of my car with the plate and a measuring tape to show it was below 4' and above 1' as well as "clearly visible") he read the law to me and then mumbeled off "i dont know why you chose to despute this ticket, should have addmitted it and got it reduced" I wanted so bad to to just start screaming at him for that bull shot steriotyping but he tossed the paper down and said It stands, I had to pay $194 and spend 3 hours in court because a cop lied, signed the documant as being the trooth so help him.

THIS IS SUCH BULL, HOW CAN THEY GET AWAY WITH IT, AND BECAUSE ITS TRAFFC COURT I CANT APPEAL THE VERDICT TEHY LITERALY GOT AWAY WITH LIEING UNDER OWTH TO GIVE ME A TICKET FOR A CRIME I DID NOT COMMIT

someone has to stand up for this crap, some off thies laws are so dumb, like who cares if you got diff exhaust, it does nothing to the car that would affect anyone else sept a little noise, or parking lights, wtf, most new cars come with driving lights there the same thing, what harm does that do.

just needed to vent....

yeah, me too.
kenjamatic
couple of weeks ago when i went to the track to time my car, my cousin got pulled over for having an modified exhuast...well my point is that they're trying to crack down on street racing but they're sitting outside the track waiting and give them tickets for having illegal parts in/on the car...that day it was me(celi), a friend(93 civic) and my cousin(94 gsr) that went. my friend and i ran while my cousin watched, after we finished and decided to go home my friend said "lets wipe down the numbers on our windshields" i didn't know what he was talking about and did it any ways. as soon as we left the track my cousin got pulled over...i don't understand why they encourage people to go to the track and NOT street race, while there's like a dozen police cars/motorcyles driving around outside the track handing out tickets to pretty much everyone...this isn't right at all...now i see why people really just take the chance of street racing...because you pay to run at the track and come out to recieve a "fix it" ticket on your way home....i wonder if we can do something about this because isn't this like somewhat discriminating....really mad right now....really really mad right now.....

venting....venting....venting..............
chucho
I'm really glad its not that bad around here. I've never been pulled over after I got my bodykit and paintjob done. Figured it would be like putting a nice big flag on to get harrased but still no problems.

Sucks that cali is so bad. I've heard they're really bad on exhaust too because of the pollution problem out there. But I'm sure they're is enough people doing stupid things they dont need to find people that are just driving normally to pull over.
airfron
QUOTE(chucho @ Aug 16, 2006 - 5:39 PM) [snapback]469779[/snapback]

But I'm sure they're is enough people doing stupid things they dont need to find people that are just driving normally to pull over.

unfortunately you are wrong i was driving home one night and there was a lifted silverado trying to race me that kept revving his engine and spinning his tires at every light, i hate the redneck cowboys around my town that think they are the sh** they are more annoying than the ricers... we get to one light and he does the same thing even though there is a cop accross the intersection at the same light. he just kept revving up and then when he noticed him about 30sec later he stopped but the cop didn't turn around for him revving his engine loud as hell at 11 at night he pulled me over and tried to tell me my headlights are illegal cause they are too yellow... but they are DOT approved so i pull out the case for them which i keep in the car in case i ever get hasseled and he tried to search my car for other stuff illegal inside of it...found nothing

i hate the cops out here they all seem biased and profile every car that "looks" like a fast car but leave their redneck cousins in their 10" raised trucks alone to do as they please including driving over the median like i saw at gas station one time... the same thing goes for the guys on the harleys getting left alone w/ thier 150db exhuast but the crotch rockets getting hasseled all the time for having stock pipes mad.gif

ranting...sorry
kenjamatic

I'm really glad its not that bad around here. I've never been pulled over after I got my bodykit and paintjob done. Figured it would be like putting a nice big flag on to get harrased but still no problems.

Sucks that cali is so bad. I've heard they're really bad on exhaust too because of the pollution problem out there. But I'm sure they're is enough people doing stupid things they dont need to find people that are just driving normally to pull over.

yeah cali laws are strict....so far i haven't gotten any problems with my exhaust yet.....
Steevo
QUOTE(airfron @ Aug 16, 2006 - 8:13 PM) [snapback]469791[/snapback]

But I'm sure they're is enough people doing stupid things they dont need to find people that are just driving normally to pull over.

unfortunately you are wrong i was driving home one night and there was a lifted silverado trying to race me that kept revving his engine and spinning his tires at every light, i hate the redneck cowboys around my town that think they are the sh** they are more annoying than the ricers... we get to one light and he does the same thing even though there is a cop accross the intersection at the same light. he just kept revving up and then when he noticed him about 30sec later he stopped but the cop didn't turn around for him revving his engine loud as hell at 11 at night he pulled me over and tried to tell me my headlights are illegal cause they are too yellow... but they are DOT approved so i pull out the case for them which i keep in the car in case i ever get hasseled and he tried to search my car for other stuff illegal inside of it...found nothing

i hate the cops out here they all seem biased and profile every car that "looks" like a fast car but leave their redneck cousins in their 10" raised trucks alone to do as they please including driving over the median like i saw at gas station one time... the same thing goes for the guys on the harleys getting left alone w/ thier 150db exhuast but the crotch rockets getting hasseled all the time for having stock pipes mad.gif

ranting...sorry

I work in the Ag industry and get **** all the time as they are classic rednecks. Down to the dumbass cowboy boots. But every race that I have been invited into I have always chosen the place, a few seconds before they go. "Uhh, my truck doesn't handle well enough for that road" So I just smile. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.