Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: very hard weekend for me, and many others
6G Celicas Forums > Other > Off Topic
creis
So for thoes of you local that know about it and thoes who dont, there was a crash on I-5 North late saterday morning were some metel shelving fell off a truck on its way to the dump, the driver a 21 yr old man had not strapped (or checked to ensure it was strapped) down and tight before driving away with cargo. My Friend/Coworker/Team lead Gavin Coffe was in his late 90's civic hb on the way to see his 2 young boys soccer game he had left early from work to go. I talked to him before he left got a few good last smiles, then just later he called me from the road to enusre some things were set up for work. anyway he was behind this truck going north near 175th, when the selving started falling off the truck and heading for him, he swereved around and lost control, got sideways and was hit my a lincon town car prasumably killing him instantly. He leves behind a wife , 4 kids with a 5th on the way, as well as countless other friends and family. He was one of thoes guys who in the first 5 min of talking to ya made ya feel like old friends.

Komo news story

I know everyone always says this but he truly was a great person, one of his best aspecs was that he never judged people, and was always there to talk about things work related or personal, he was always there to help and wanted the best for everyone. A very hard and dedicated worker. Its a huge loss for our company. I've known him for the better part of a year, we have worked together most every work day and it will never be the same without him. It did not sink in untill i saw the picture of his car, I cant help but think how many times I carpooled with him in that car, how I gave him a hard time about his front plate not being there when I got my ticket for it, all the talks and even the arguments, it just hurts to see, happened so fast, life just goes by before your eyes. I truely hope he passed instantly and did not have to feel any pain or even think about never behing able to see his kids again, or his wife.

anyway the point of this is that, the few seconds it would have taken for that kid to tie some rope to that shelf could have saved his life, but no, he just let it go and now its to late. I hope that if nothing else it will teach people to tie down there ****, I know I will never forget to secure everything in my car or let othere forget, and will also probably never let it go if I see people on the freeway with lose cargo. even worse was that the kid kept driving, just drove off and left the scene, even though he turned himself in later (after his grandfather tried to take the blame.) how could you just leave, how cold of a person would you have to be.
Celiracer18
aww man that has to suck.i kinda know how you feel, i lost 2 good friends this year within 3 weeks due to stupid drivers and everything i know seems so different now, knowing life can change in a split second.
CelicaBuddy
damn... frown.gif

I never heard about this... That is truely very sad...

snapshotgt
My prayers are with you and the family. Very sorry to hear.

~snap
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.