Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Diffrence between US 2.2l and Euro 2.0l celicas?
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
Lotus
Hi guys.

In preperation for getting a 6th gen celi, i bought Chiltons 94-99 celica handbook.
When it arrived i noticed it was only for "all US and Canadian models of celica" and inside i found info for 1.8 and 2.2l engines.

The car im going to buy (here in Sweden) will be a 2.0l engine.
Will the handbook still be applicable to my car, or is there big diffrences between the american 2.2 model and the european 2.0 model?

m0dd3d1
QUOTE(Lotus @ Sep 1, 2006 - 10:29 AM) [snapback]475167[/snapback]

Hi guys.

In preperation for getting a 6th gen celi, i bought Chiltons 94-99 celica handbook.
When it arrived i noticed it was only for "all US and Canadian models of celica" and inside i found info for 1.8 and 2.2l engines.

Will the handbook still be applicable to my car, or is there big diffrences between the american 2.2 model and the european 2.0 model?

What 2.0L are you buying? The 1.8L & 2.2L are the US spec Celica ST & GT respectively. If you're in Sweden, then you may have the honor (lol...you lucky bastard) of buying a GT-Four. In that case, the body is nearly the same, but there are differences.
hitcachi
QUOTE(Lotus @ Sep 1, 2006 - 10:29 AM) [snapback]475167[/snapback]

Hi guys.

its a 3sge and it is a different motor.
malpaso
you have Euro GT with 2.0 3SGE engine (first difference), you have rear disc brakes (not drums -> second difference), different wiring of rear lights (we have rear forglight, USDM celicas not)... you can't find anything about parking lights there (again different wiring information), etc. That's all I have recalled for now.
HaRv3sTeR
QUOTE(malpaso @ Sep 1, 2006 - 4:24 PM) [snapback]475182[/snapback]

you have Euro GT with 2.0 3SGE engine (first difference), you have rear disc brakes (not drums -> second difference), different wiring of rear lights (we have rear forglight, USDM celicas not)... you can't find anything about parking lights there (again different wiring information), etc. That's all I have recalled for now.

US GTs have rear disks fyi
WannabeGT4
It could be a 3SFE:
http://www.6gc.net/index.php?action=information&itu=3

If that is the case it is very similar to the US GT 2.2L 5SFE.
My2Celi
bump
WannabeGT4
All GTs had rear disk brakes.
Lotus
As far as i know, the 2.0 celicas for sale here in sweden have a 3S-GE engine. (about 175hp)

Guess im gonna have to shop for another manual then =)
recycle
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Sep 1, 2006 - 8:44 PM) [snapback]475210[/snapback]

It could be a 3SFE:

3sfe is not used on celicas in europe. only on jdm ss1
Celica power
my st had rearbrack disc to
WannabeGT4
QUOTE(recycle @ Sep 3, 2006 - 1:20 AM) [snapback]475663[/snapback]

QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Sep 1, 2006 - 8:44 PM) [snapback]475210[/snapback]

It could be a 3SFE:

3sfe is not used on celicas in europe. only on jdm ss1

If that's the case, it's time to update the "Sixth Generation Celica Chassis Codes" article.
Kadett
QUOTE(Lotus @ Sep 1, 2006 - 9:04 PM) [snapback]475227[/snapback]

As far as i know, the 2.0 celicas for sale here in sweden have a 3S-GE engine. (about 175hp)

The Chilton is still very usefull for our cars even tho the engine and a few wiring are different.
malpaso
QUOTE(WannabeGT4 @ Sep 1, 2006 - 8:37 PM) [snapback]475220[/snapback]

All GTs had rear disk brakes.

Really? I would bet you can find 2.2 with rear drums... hmm...

QUOTE(Lotus @ Sep 1, 2006 - 9:04 PM) [snapback]475227[/snapback]

no.. I have one too... it's useful for sure...
Lotus
ok ill keep it then =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.