Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: General Celi <3 Thread
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
jess_i_74
I hadn't realized how much I'd missed the stock shift knob; I love driving my Celica even more now. Sure, there's not a lot of power, but having a car that handles lovely, even on 14's, and can certainly keep up with the traffic we have around here. rolleyes.gif It can handle four in a pinch, the hatchback makes for good cargo-carrying when the need requires it, and it has as good a stereo now as I've ever heard. It's got sexier curves than almost any car I know, and the compliments I get still feel good.

Plus, when I pulled into the gas station, I'm not complaining about the 36.5 mpg I'm getting either. This car and its hardy 7a will outlast many a guzzling SUV. And when the engine dies, I'll try and swap a V6. Or if funds don't permit, another 7a will still be cheap.

woot.gif for the Celica!
daazndood
wtf? you get 36.5 mpg? i have a 5s and they are only supposed to get 22(city) and thats exactly how much i get.
Celiracer18
i was getting 35 last summer on my 7a, i think it depends on how you drive and if its highway or not
jess_i_74
7a baby!

I do mixed highway/city, but it's often country roads where I average around 40-45. That with gentle acceleration (mostly due to slow traffic rolleyes.gif ), and I do try to roll lights occasionally. I'll also coast down hills. I got a solid 29 with my 5s vert; occasionally even broke 30. You might need a tuneup.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.