Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS Sticker= 20HP
6G Celicas Forums > 6th Generation Celica > General Discussion
nate95
ya the whole NOS sticker=20hp must be true, the other day i saw a POS grand am that was like a million years old, he pulled up next to me at a stop light and started reving that thing up, must of had a whole in the muffler, he thought it sounded pretty good i guess,,lol... but guess what!! it had like 200 NOS stickers on it!!!,, and boy i was scared to race that beast! so we take off the line, i was just driving normal, not trying to race at all, and the guy was flooring it and still couldn't keep up with me,,ah maybe the stickers are just a mental boost laugh.gif
burneeed
if thats true I am going to put 50 nos stickers on my car and have a 1200 horse power mr2.
recycle
what car is a grand am?
nate95
hahah omg, was that a serious question??? its a pontiac
Bitter
QUOTE(nate95 @ Sep 20, 2006 - 1:23 PM) [snapback]481842[/snapback]

i dont think they get those cars in cypruss, its probably called something different or just isnt imported at all.
JFrost9

haha omg, was this a serious post???

Hes probably a pretty smart guy who drives a junk daily driver and puts his sponsors on his junk car instead of on his badass car... i know its thinking optimistically, but who knows. Or maybe he didnt have his nos on and you just thought he was flooring it, cuz its loud or something...I can tell you that if his pontiac was flooring it and you were "normally driving" he would have probably would have atleast kept up with you if not passed you......
nate95
my normal driving tends to be farely fast laugh.gif
Bitter
QUOTE(nate95 @ Sep 20, 2006 - 2:55 PM) [snapback]481874[/snapback]

my normal driving tends to be farely fast laugh.gif

its not uncommon for me to hit 4000 rpm when i leave a light if im not really paying attention to my speed or thinking about gas mileage laugh.gif usually i try to keep it under 2500rpm tho.
hitcachi
QUOTE(JFrost9 @ Sep 20, 2006 - 2:16 PM) [snapback]481856[/snapback]

haha omg, was this a serious post???

Hes probably a pretty smart guy who drives a junk daily driver and puts his sponsors on his junk car instead of on his badass car... i know its thinking optimistically, but who knows. Or maybe he didnt have his nos on and you just thought he was flooring it, cuz its loud or something...I can tell you that if his pontiac was flooring it and you were "normally driving" he would have probably would have atleast kept up with you if not passed you......

exactly. Guess what i drive in the winter instead of my celica. A 1988 pontiac grand am. And its totally my winter junker. I beat the piss outta it, and putting nos stickers on it sounds like a good idea......
tomazws
I thought Pontiac Grand Ams are decent cars no?

BTW, I love the new Pontiac GTO. aka the aussie Holden something something..
zachattack15
I worked on a POS buick the other day at my shop that had a decent size sticker saying "NOS Inside". I thought it was funny.
hurley97
QUOTE(tomazws @ Sep 20, 2006 - 4:33 PM) [snapback]481885[/snapback]

I thought Pontiac Grand Ams are decent cars no?

Holden Monaro [Vauxhall Monaro in the UK] wink.gif
MaskedMan
haha dont you think 200 stickers is a bit of an exaggeration? haha, for the price of 200 nos stickers, he prolly could have afforded an actual nitrous oxide set up haha. I think Autozone sells NOS stickers for like $3 a sticker or something like that haha. i think he prolly only had like 20 stickers on his car at most haha but exaggerations are always fun smile.gif. Yeah dude i raced a guy, and his car had to have a lot of power cuase his tires were like 3 feet wide. but when we launched, i jumped ahead of him like a thousand car lengths, and we were going about 300mph in a school zone, and i was in 19th gear. And then like 600 cops came out of nowhere and started chassing us. it was a pretty cool day.
nate95
haha, the new grand ams are pretty nice, but this one sure wasn't
ExSane
Not sure about the Grand Ams, but um.. all you hooked up GT's out there, race a brand new Grand Prix on a 4th gear roll. You will be laughing your asses off. Trust me on this. tongue.gif
Dee-No
QUOTE(tomazws @ Sep 20, 2006 - 10:33 PM) [snapback]481885[/snapback]

Holden Monaro... i love this car
recycle
QUOTE(Bitter @ Sep 20, 2006 - 9:52 PM) [snapback]481847[/snapback]

i dont think they get those cars in cypruss, its probably called something different or just isnt imported at all.

sorry guys. i knew about trans am not grand am. its like asking u american people about fiat and alfaromeo and lancias
Akira_g4
QUOTE(recycle @ Sep 21, 2006 - 11:00 AM) [snapback]482254[/snapback]

sorry guys. i knew about trans am not grand am. its like asking u american people about fiat and alfaromeo and lancias

He's got a point, i personally dont know anything about those cars. my ex gf had a pontiac. we called it the pontiac "grand ma" laugh.gif
tomazws
QUOTE(recycle @ Sep 21, 2006 - 9:00 AM) [snapback]482254[/snapback]

The only Alfa Romeo in America are the ancient ones....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.